Having Problems at almost 5 years out

Maddiebug
on 5/6/10 7:15 am - Madrid, NY
I am having issues and wish there was someone else on here to talk to.  I don't know if I should see someone else or stick with the doctor that I have seen for so long and trust.  If there is anyone out there could you please write me back.

Thank you,
Christine
Christine Richardson
281/151/165
Surgery Date:9/13/05
There are so many things I would change now.

kellyp
on 5/19/10 6:49 am - Brookfield, MO
 Aww, what's going on?  I am by noooo means great at this, but I'm with ya. :) At least you can vent and I'll listen! 
Kelly

livelyvc
on 6/1/10 1:23 am - Alexandria, VA
What problems...I'd be glad to chat
Maddiebug
on 6/16/10 8:49 am - Madrid, NY
Well, I am home after my third stay in the hospital in 6 weeks.  I have had 2 laproscopic procedures and another open procedure.  I guess the final outcome was that I had a kink inmy intestines from taking adhesions off and then they came back.  It has been 4 weeks since the open procedure and I still don't feel great.  Today was a pretty bad day, but I guess it's better than it was.  Anyone have problems with adhesions?
Christine Richardson
281/151/165

emmyjmommy
on 7/13/10 3:53 am - Montgomery, AL
I am having problems with scar adhesions and hyrnias.  I went to see my dr. last Wed. and he ordered a contrast ct scan, and I am waiting on the results....I go back on the 20th to see what he wants to do.  I know it is difficult, but this post gastric bypass world is still unknown and they are finding out what the problems we have and how the best way to fix them.  An open incision can take as long as 8 weeks to mend.  I have had 2 c-sections and a panniculectomy and, most recently, a myomectomy.  It took me over 2 1/2 months to recover from the last open procedure.  Part of it is my age, and part of it is the amount of scar tissue that has built up and is causing other problems.

Hang in there!!!

~~  Emily Jones

Montgomery, AL

9/15/2005 surgery date

Dr. Andrew Dewitt

pre surgery weight 325

current weight 203

Maddiebug
on 7/13/10 9:50 am - Madrid, NY
I am doing better now, but am still having problems with pain in my stomach.  I just find it very helpless that noone really knows what is going on or what to do.  He did put a screen around my stomach to hopefully stop the adhesions from coming back.  But he said he really can't promise anything.  I was out of work for 2 months.  I actually don't remember my first open RNY being as bad as this was.  It was horrible.

Thank you for writing me back.  I kind of thought everyone had abandoned this message board.

Good luck to you!
Christine Richardson
281/151/165

Texas_Saphire
on 9/10/10 7:50 am - McAllen, TX
I feel your pain. I went through 3 procedures for the same problem! for one year i had to suffer through ER visit after ER visit...until they figured out what it was!

Finally, my doctor (back where i lived) figured it out...it was a kink. he fixed it. but i had 2 more kinks within 2 yrs following that!

i've been kink free for about 1.5 yrs...but every once in a while i will get that familiar bloating and pinching...i pray so hard that i really do think i pray the pain and kink away. Its the worst pain! almost wish for death when i would get it.

I hope u feel better. all i have is hope that pain does not come back. Doc basically said i just have bad adhesions...i'm one of those patients.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Just Checking in - May 2018
ShandrewsCA · 0 replies · 546 views
Anyone still out there?
Maddiebug · 2 replies · 657 views
7 years ago today
livelyvc · 0 replies · 870 views
stomach pain
Tessy · 1 replies · 895 views