5 years

livelyvc
on 9/27/10 10:46 pm - Alexandria, VA
 I was surprised when I got the message from OH about it being my 5th anniversary. I'd actually forgotten. But, it's been really good. I lost about 130 pounds initially. I did get to my goal weight of 167 but didn't stay there. About a 9 months ago I was back to 205. I started a workout plan and cut out alcohol and was able to drop into the 190s...I don't weigh anymore, but I'm wearing some of the clothes I wore at my goal weight. All and all I'm happy with the results.

I still don't eat sugar at all--not once knowingly in 5 years, but I do drin****asionally. 

It really is a different world...
onyxstang
on 7/3/11 3:49 am - MCKINLEYVILLE, CA
Yes, it takes work! I hear you. I stayed around 130 for four years and after my hip replacement I started to gain because I wasn't working out like normal. I'm finally back on track with eating right and exercising. It takes effort even with the surgery doesn' t it?  Still the best thing I ever did in my life.

Presurgery: 298
Highest Weight: 450
At goal: 130
Currently: 155

Here we go again. Seems to not want to leave my bones this time, so I'm working extra hard on protein, water and exercise.

Wishing all of us luck and health

Jan
Surgery: 9-7-2005
Pre-surgery: 298
Highest Weight : 450
Lowest Weight: 128
Current: 155 (trying to get to 130 again)

Monica K.
on 10/12/10 6:26 am - Vancouver, WA
Congrats!  I think we are all in the same boat, things get easier and we let go of our discipline we had after surgery.  I am a work in progess every day.  I have to remember to exercise (move it to loose it!). 
Monica
Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you will land upon the stars!

353/303/(new goal met 165!! June 2011)
heaviest/start of surgery/current
Most Active
Recent Topics
Just Checking in - May 2018
ShandrewsCA · 0 replies · 554 views
Anyone still out there?
Maddiebug · 2 replies · 660 views
7 years ago today
livelyvc · 0 replies · 873 views
stomach pain
Tessy · 1 replies · 897 views