Anyone still around?

Shelly T.
on 3/12/11 4:07 pm
Wow last time I updated I was dealing with my Pani, That gave me a bit of trouble healing and do to the issue I still am very tender at times where it took so long to heal. Feels like I still have no "meat" under that part of the scar and there is pulling and burning sometimes but all in all it's 99% better ten having the pani hanging.
This year I went in on the 16th again and this time had what was thought to be a soft ball size hernia but turned out to be more like a deflated beach ball size taken care of, surgery took an hour longer then thought because of all the adheasions and being bigger then he first thought but all is good with that now.

I'm down to between 185 and 192 getting harder to believe at one time in my past i was well on my way to 600 lbs ,Never thought I would see these days, When I went for my 5 yr check in the surgon told me i had lost 70% of my weightfrom the initial conceltation visit, THAT really put this journey into perspective for me. I wear between a size 13 and 16 depending how the jeans are made.

Well I wanted to check in and catch up, more later when I know i'm not talking to myself hehehe 

Ready4 AChange
on 6/6/11 7:16 pm - Upper Chichester, PA
 He Shelly,
I haven't been on in a while..Get depressed because I am gaining. I feel like I'm losing another battle on the weight front line. I know I don't get in enough protein even though I eat like I did before surgery. I do get out and do my walks with my pup "Missy" but that doesn't do much. 
How is the family ? Hope things are going well for you and yours.
Take care
Sandy 

Sandy  

ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange Remember.......  Click to Give .....Hunger, Breast Cancer, literacy, rain f                                                                                         orest, animal rescue and CHILD HEALTH

onyxstang
on 6/23/11 1:36 pm - MCKINLEYVILLE, CA
Hi there,
Well, I had my surgery in Sept 2005 so it's been awhile too. Just had a hip replacement last year and that set me back exercise. Have gone from my 25 inch waist to 32 inch waist. It comes on fast when we don't have the will or energy or health to work it off. I got into a morning scone and not worrying about the kind of food I was eating.

So after having a colonoscopy on Monday and the doc finding two polyps (my mom died of colon cancer at age 59) I decided to get back on this website and start taking care of myself. I cleaned out my freezer and fridge from processed foods and bought healthy stuff last night. This morning I skipped my scone and replaced a 20 ounce coffee with a gigantic bottle of water with crystal light.

I would love to start some support for all of us in this same boat. It takes energy and when you are feeling down it sure doesn't help. Just remember when we were 300 plus pounds and that may help motivate.

Don't give up ladies! We can get a hold of this again!

Jan
Ready4 AChange
on 6/23/11 11:14 pm - Upper Chichester, PA
 I agree Jan...Even though I do go to support groups it seems like it is all around the "newbies" and the support group I go to is trying something different. After the first hour they split up and go into groups . My insurance isn't very good as far as going to nutritionist . I haven't even gone back for a yearly checkup with the doctor. I did have blood work done and that is good but I think my hernia is back and I'm trying to put off going back to the doctor so it feels like I have a ball sticking out when I walk or lay down. 
Guess it's time I get my butt back in gear. My little lady "'Missy" Chihuahua makes sure I gets my walks in. Gotta get back getting in my protein .
Sandy 

Sandy  

ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange Remember.......  Click to Give .....Hunger, Breast Cancer, literacy, rain f                                                                                         orest, animal rescue and CHILD HEALTH

onyxstang
on 6/25/11 2:53 am - MCKINLEYVILLE, CA
That's great you have a little helper "Missy" to get you out there. I have been doing great on my life changes this week since the "wake up" call on Monday. Increasing my protein and no scones! I came to work my 12 hour shift this morning and there are danishes and junk all around and I don't even want it since I have been doing the protein thing for breakfast. That seems to help to get that in first thing in the morning. Try it. I know it's hard to do, believe me - I know what you are going through. But we can do it.

They have a support group here that my ex-husband and his wife go to for their lapband surgery but it is pretty much new people. Both of them have had their surgery within a year apart.

Your hernia sound rough, do you have emergency medical available where you are? Maybe you can just sign up for it temporarily til you can get your hernia fixed?

I turn 50 in September and I have set a goal for 130 (only 25 to go). As long as I hit the "normal range BMI I will be happy. My sister commented some negative remark about how I don't need to be skin and bones, well, you know how family can be. 130 and 5-2 is not skin and bones - but I can get away with hitting 137 and be in the "normal" BMI. If you ask me - the BMI index is way under. I think healthy is what your labs and your health say. So I will be good anywhere between 137 and 130.

Happy Saturday

:)

Jan
Most Active
Recent Topics
Just Checking in - May 2018
ShandrewsCA · 0 replies · 556 views
Anyone still out there?
Maddiebug · 2 replies · 662 views
7 years ago today
livelyvc · 0 replies · 875 views
stomach pain