need help NOW!!!

mimi51576
on 5/21/11 3:57 am - St Paul, MN
Ok so I was fairly proud of my self up until year 5. I lost my father and my teen age boys became out of control. My doctor placed me on anti-depressants and I've gained 30 pound over my acceptance level... I need HELP I'm lost and need to lose this weight!! my doctor gave me this diet pill called Phentermine which is nice but not cutting it. I just became engaged and refuse to marry like this, also I now live in another state where the doctors are not to keen to working wih other RNY clients than their own??  ANY TIP?
Monica K.
on 6/17/11 3:30 am - Vancouver, WA
So sorry to hear about your situation.  I had gained a little weight over the winter and decided in March that I was going to loose 20 lbs by my birthday in June.  I started doing Weigh****chers and met my goal before my birthday.  I had to go back to the drawing board and really work at it.  I have not met with my surgeon in years.  I occasionaly go to a local support group but it is geared toward newly post op patients.  Start journaling you food intake.  The first day I did I was amazed at how much snacking I did in between my meals.  It helps if you have someone to be your buddy and sounding board while you are trying to drop weight.  I have a friend that checks in with me daily.  Remember you need to come first.  With out a healthy you (mind & body)  your boys will suffer also.  I hope things turn around for you! 
Monica
Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you will land upon the stars!

353/303/(new goal met 165!! June 2011)
heaviest/start of surgery/current
Shelly T.
on 9/5/11 7:31 pm
Sorrry O didn't answer sooner , lots of drama in my life latley.

I also did well till I was 4 1/.2 to 5 yrs out. Had alot going on and not putting myself 1st ,I gained and rather then come here and shame myself and my surgery I fell back into comfort food.
 When I put on a pair  of jeans that didn't realy fit anymore i yhought geez i must have regained a couple lbs .
  I decided to weigh myself and had gone from 201 bak up to 236 , My aunt said well it's only 30 lbs and most gain over the winter anyway. It was my wake up call. I also went to my pcp and told her i was feeling  "off a bit". I told her i was lathargic, constantly nausiated and sometimes just smells of things made me ill and I KNEW for a fact I couldn't be pregnant or i would swear I was .I also asked her to e copy of the bloodwork to my surgons office.

By not eating right all my bloodwork was out of wack , I was saverly animic, my b-12 was almost bottomed out and my vit D was way down, My pcp put me on b-12 injections and vit d once a month and iron 1 time a day. The next day my surgons office called and changed it to iron with vit c 3 times a day b-12 every 2 weeks and vit D once a week for 3 months then back to 1 time a month.

I went baxk to the basics , more protine then anything  on my plate , more water and started watching carbs again, no more then 20 carbs per serving or i try not to eat it. Got healed from my hernia repair and got injection for my herniated discs and went back to walking at least 2 miles a day.

I also set My birthday/surgaversary week as my goal to be back to 201 I figured it didn't go on in a day and the slower it came off the better chance of keeping it off, I weighed in yesterday and was 191 I gained 30 but lost 40 , It can be done if you focus on putting yourself and your health first.. I never dieted I just went back to my new old ways.

You can do it and hopefully by now are well on your way to being back on track.
Shel

Most Active
Recent Topics
Just Checking in - May 2018
ShandrewsCA · 0 replies · 546 views
Anyone still out there?
Maddiebug · 2 replies · 657 views
7 years ago today
livelyvc · 0 replies · 870 views
stomach pain
Tessy · 1 replies · 895 views