6 yrs out and starting to have pain and bloating - HELP

TorchLake Girl
on 12/5/11 4:02 am - Traverse City, MI
So my roux-n-y went great and I had great results.  Went from size 24 to 8 and lost 120 lbs.  Last year at year 5 my iron was low and I got 3 iron infusions and I haven't felt right since.  I gained 10 lbs in like 5 weeks and bloated up like a balloon, smelly gas and became lactose intolerant.  We to 3 different docs and GI doc and they think its SIBO - small intestine bacterial overgrowth which I've been on 3 courses of Xifaxin but still feeling so bloated especially on my right side above my belly button, it sticks out further than my left side.  Now I'm getting pains on my right side.  Sometimes shooting pains, sometimes just tenderness like a bruise.  And now for the last couple weeks i have burning in my stomach in the morning especially when lying on my stomach.  I've never had acid reflux, heartburn or ulcers so I don't know what they feel like.  I feel like something isn't right inside, how do you know if you have internal hernia, or scar tissue issues or a kink?  Made appt with original surgeon on Dec 19th.  Would a MRI, cat scan or xray or scope show any of these issues?  I need to know what's wrong.  I'm not in a lot of pain, it's just annoying and getting worse and so sick of the bloating! 
Shelly T.
on 1/9/12 8:43 am
Sorry I havent been on , what have you found out??

Thats how my hernia started out and anything that would make me gassy would add pressure in that area of my tummy. I blew it off for about a yr though because it started when I was about 6 mo pregnant and I just figured it was growing pain and scar tissue and then after I just figured it took away post sergery to get back to normal then non sergical people.

Hope everything turned out well or at least fixable.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Just Checking in - May 2018
ShandrewsCA · 0 replies · 554 views
Anyone still out there?
Maddiebug · 2 replies · 660 views
7 years ago today
livelyvc · 0 replies · 873 views
stomach pain
Tessy · 1 replies · 897 views