9 months out and a little down :(

Melissa Ketcham
on 6/28/07 11:59 am - lakeland, FL
so its been 9 months since i have open rny and i am down 96 pounds which dont get me wrong i am soooooooooo thankful to have lost this much but i need a good slap in the face lol. granteed i eat small portions but i eat exactly the same food as a did before, yes i am loosing weight but i am just so confused. i know i am probably not making sense, but ok i do not have a nutritionist (sp?) so i really dont know what to eat besided protein, ok well i need some new food ideas and i hate to work out so i dont, i know i need to, i have to. but i need some beginners courses or something. i dont know, just some encouraging words would help. i hope that some what made sense lol. thanks for reading
Christina238
on 6/30/07 12:48 pm - Orlando, FL
Mel, I hear ya loud and clear! I am in the same place you are. I am actually to the point where I can eat a normal amount of food like I used to, and my weight loss has evened out. I am anywhere between 140-150lbs, depending on if it is my time of the month or if I have been a little bad. I have not worked out at all either. I can honestly say I am grateful for the 95lbs I have lost effortlessly, and honestly I wi**** would keep going like it has. But deep down you and I know that is not EVER going to happen. We need a swift kick in the ass, and need to start working out. Then the guilt for eating normally will be countered by the exercise. You will be healthy, and living life the way we "should" have been in the first place. This is a tool, and now is the time where we have to become the driving force in our weight loss. So I am pretty much saying, suck it up and exercise. I have to , so i personally know it sucks. But you and I both know that if we don't start soon, we will end up putting all of the weight right back on. Goodluck !!
mkmomof7
on 7/5/07 10:52 am - greencastle, IN
I know what you are saying, I am in the same shoes you are in, I eat the same stuff I did before surgery just a much smaller portion, I need to get a dvd or something to excersize with, i have no idea what to get and i cant do it on my own. I bought some protein powder tonight at walmart, hopefully if I get back to the basics and try a lil harder It will kick start the weight loss again. Come on lets all do it together. hugs Regina
JessicaMarie
on 7/5/07 12:45 pm - Milwaukee, WI
Hey Melissa, this must be pretty common! I freak out pretty consistantly because I can eat any and everything as before... yea yea just smaller ammounts. What freaks me out is how i eat, on the weekends I allow myself to come off my routine. I will eat so frequently! I do actually make the smart choices however, all whole grains and protein.. although I don't freak like some people on here with there special bariatric food and protein shakes-I don't have time to be ordering my food on the internet! I hit a serious month long plateau that scared me to death, I thought it was a done deal! I decided I can't screw around.. I am still going to eat normal and healthy, just avoid the obvious like chips and greasy fast food and sweets. I started summer school so I don't have time to exercise like a mad woman like I was... which was when I was on my plateau so even MORE frusturating! So now I do what I can, I take the stairs wherever I am and walk as much as I can, park faw away, etc. On my 3 off days I will do my exercies but what I learned after the stall, I can't obsess... the pouch WILL do the hard work, and yes you should ecercise to get to your goal and stay toned but I can't obsess over it anymore! I let go of the control and do what I can for now. If I am just sitting around like a stuffed mushroom then yea I will get my ass in gear and walk. Just be smart and do what you can, you don't want to feel like you could have done more..that really sucks when the honeymoon is over!
Most Active
Recent Topics
It's been 9 years yall!
jenn_in_ky · 1 replies · 585 views
food
Jessica H. · 2 replies · 757 views
Having a hard time
rspeters · 6 replies · 1099 views
Cold Hands and Feet
Ted R. · 2 replies · 1153 views
testing
JessicaMarie · 0 replies · 716 views