Hypoglycemia, anyone else feeling effects?

Renee K.
on 7/25/07 5:36 am - Valatie, NY
Hello all! It's been a while since I posted but doing well other then what my surgeon thinks is hypoglycemia. I'm wondering if anyone else is having this issue. I will have my protien shake and vitamins for breakfast around 8am, walk 2 miles, then have no sugar added cranberry juice, a cheese stick, banana and some pretzels usually 10-11am-ish. If I don't eat by 1pm, I start to shake (my hands visibly shake), get light headed and notice congnitively I'm not sharp/'on my game'. So I eat a meal and it goes away. I noticed early signs of this a few months back, fainting feeling, I've never fainted but I will see "stars" if I stand up quick that kind of thing. Other than that I feel great. I started at 301, I'm now 179, eating between 1000 and 1200 calories per day, consistently getting 70 ozs of water and 80g of protein per day. I stay away from processed sugar or anything "white", only whole wheat or natural carbs/sugars in my diet (lots of fruit). Except once in a while I need a ice cream cone, which of course makes me feel horrible.... Am I the only one? Renee
EzySpirit
on 7/26/07 10:49 am - Middle Island, NY
Hi Renee, Lately.... I have several lows. Are you a diabetic? You may want to get GLUCOSE TABS to keep handy with you, just in case you get a low. I find it helps alot. Also...bring your glucose monitor with you to check your sugar. Contact your MD with any questions or youe ENDO, if you are a diabetic. I am going to call my ENDO & see if I need to lessen my insulin. Dale
Nandee
on 8/12/07 11:24 am
Yes... The last couple of days, I've had low blood sugar in the afternoons. I am a Diabetic, off all my meds. I have not changed my diet, so I don't know what is causing them.....
Shardisya
on 8/23/07 9:45 am - Goose Creek, SC
Renee, you are not the only one today I had a low for the first time at work.. I felt so bad.. my friend checked my sugar and it was 51 that was low. so they made me eat.. I never had this before and don't know what to do its scarey..I hope you are feeling better.. Did you go to doctor and what did they say.. your friend Sharon
Renee K.
on 8/27/07 5:10 am - Valatie, NY
I did go to the doc and he basically said, "it happens" often to folks who have this surgery. I never was nor am I now diabetic so this is new to me. He said just make sure you eat something every few hours. Not something I found when I was researching before the surgery... just surprises. Beleive me, I'll take this side effect over the pain I was in before!! Renee
Most Active
Recent Topics
It's been 9 years yall!
jenn_in_ky · 1 replies · 586 views
food
Jessica H. · 2 replies · 758 views
Having a hard time
rspeters · 6 replies · 1099 views
Cold Hands and Feet
Ted R. · 2 replies · 1153 views
testing
JessicaMarie · 0 replies · 716 views