Having a hard time

rspeters
on 8/31/08 2:12 pm - Clinton Township, MI
Hi Everyone,

Its been a long time since I've been on this site.. funny because before my surgery I was on it every night..   Anyway, this is my dilemma... I had my surgery Sept 12, 2006.  By March of 2007 I was about 175, (which is around what I always was before my last child and gained all that weight making me about 250)  I have never dumped, I can eat whatever I want just not as much as before.  The surgery it seems just gave me the option for "moderation" which was what everyone told me I just needed to do instead of having surgery.  So here I am, two years out and back on prescription diet pills and falling into the same eating habits as before.  Some days I get full real easy and some days I feel like a bottomless pit.  Just recently I was able to get into the 160's (166-168) which is a little break in the plateau since I havent been able to get under 170 since March of 2007.. but I am on the diet pills, as soon as I stop taking them I hit 170 again!!  Is anyone else having this problem???
On The Road To Weight Loss
layout for myspace
Pam D.
on 9/19/08 11:13 pm - Perry, OK
Hello,
Oh my goodness, girl please reread your post and ask, what am I doing that my surgeon advised against from the beginning? I am not trying to be harsh, but I am going to say somethings you might not want to hear. If your surgeon did not advise you to greatly modify what you eat then shame on him.  The surgery is a tool....we CANNOT eat whatever we want. My surgeon said recently that carbs to an obese person is like crack cocaine.  Please get off the diet pills and get back to using your tool.  It is a lifelong committment to doing things differently. There are some great websites that will help you with regain. But they involve alot of work on our parts.  New thinking about obesity says that for some folks it is not about the food.  What is causing you to want to eat?  Again, I only wish the best for you but it is about us changing our relationship with food and changing our behaviors forever.  Wishing you renewed committment to a new life. Pam
Brenda T.
on 11/10/08 1:34 am - MA
You sound to be the same size as I am... I am 5'8" and go between 160 and 168 and I wear a 8 or 10... Why is this not a good place to be?  WLS was not to make supermodels just healthy people.. You know you cant eat crap.. you know what has to be done.. You have to decide to do it.. Its not easy , but it is simple..

marykayfleamarket
on 12/9/08 12:50 pm
I am having he same porblems! I was 263 in a size 24 the got down to a size 10. LOOKED GREAT felt even better. when through some emotional stuff with my husband coming home from Iraq and got to dinking. When from a sixe 10 back to a 14 AND I NEED HELP. I dont take my vitemins and I ahev nto went back to the dr because I am a faiulure. Please hepl me get on teh right track!!!!!!! Even thoug I am smaller that i was i feel 10Xs bigger!
jamie lynn
Brenda T.
on 12/15/08 9:08 am - MA
If you need help reach out.. see your doc... Pm me if you want to talk

Cassie W.
on 12/17/08 10:10 am
When we slip back into old habits, the best thing to do is get back to basics to regain control:
- Restock your refrigerator and pantry with good choices to minimize temptation.
- Eat protein first, at every meal, to help you feel full.  Limit carbs, choosing fruits, vegetables and whole grains. 
- For a week, measure all your foods and write them down so you can grt a clear picture of where you're struggling.
- If you're not exercising, find something you enjoy doing and make it a priority.
- Make sure you're still drinking plenty of water, just not with your meals.

Every time I need to renew my commitment, I find I'm not eating enough protein.  I carry my "before" picture in my wallet right next to my license, so every day I'm reminded of what this surgery has done for me.

You can make your tool work for you again.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

adelpha23marke
on 1/11/09 9:05 am - Prestonsburg, KY
I started the gym this week and i enjoy it. I have gained about 18 pounds back but it scares me so i am going to the gym and getting back on my diet. The one thing to remember is we can do this.. we did it once.. So all we need to do is get back to the same diet we had before it didnt kills us..It made us better...

Jenn J

Most Active
Recent Topics
It's been 9 years yall!
jenn_in_ky · 1 replies · 583 views
food
Jessica H. · 2 replies · 756 views
Having a hard time
rspeters · 6 replies · 1095 views
Cold Hands and Feet
Ted R. · 2 replies · 1148 views
testing