It's been 9 years yall!

jenn_in_ky
on 9/24/15 6:46 am - Somerset, KY

Just wondering if I'm the only one that comes back to this forum a lot just looking to see if there's been any activity =)

I personally have gained back 73 lbs & feel worse than I did before surgery.  BUT, Ive started having heart issues & I know this weight is not helping.  I'm ready to take back control of myself & not let food control me anymore.

I'm really looking for advise (that we all know...guess I just want reassurance) has anyone gained after surgery & then lost ?

Thanks for any advise or comments!!

~Jennifer 

piggyangel
on 10/25/15 4:04 pm - CO

Hello Jennifer,

I am in the same boat as you. I had my RNY in Sept of 2006 and hit my goal weight of 124 from 258. I have an entire closet of beautiful clothes I can not wear and it just ****** me off that I did this to myself. No one but me. I could have stopped this when I was just 30lbs over weight, but I quit smoking and taking care of what I ate and exercise fell away. I felt like I had blown my pouch way out of proportion and could never get back on track. I was so depressed trying diet pills, laxatives and just not eating until I was starving and then ate anything. I never considered getting back on track by weighting my food, stopping soda, exercising and getting out my book from my surgeon (which I still have). I decided that what I needed was a revision to the original surgery and called a bariatric surgeon and have an apt on 11-13. I was all set, then I found this tool on the internet that I used to see if my pouch had stretch.

the cottage cheese test:

get a container of low-fat cottage cheese & 2 cups of water-

in the morning before you eat or drink anything-

eat the cottage cheese as fast as you can

, when you are full,

pour the water into the cottage cheese container until the water is at the same level the cottage cheese was when you opened the container-the amount of water you poured of the 2 cups is the size of your pouch! waa laa!)

I did the test 3wks ago when I was at 191. I found out my pouch is 1 cup still. right then and there I decided I would take a month to see if I could loose any weight. I started measuring my food and started going back to the gym. I have lost so far 11pds. I am keeping the apt with the surgeon because I have too hernias that need repair but I am hoping a revision is not needed.

Good Luck,

you can contact me if you need to

PiggyAngel

Most Active
Recent Topics
It's been 9 years yall!
jenn_in_ky · 1 replies · 586 views
food
Jessica H. · 2 replies · 758 views
Having a hard time
rspeters · 6 replies · 1099 views
Cold Hands and Feet