SEVERE PAIN AND BURNING IN THE ABDOMEN

TOMICKO A.
on 7/31/08 5:18 am - irvine, CA
I am having severe abdominal pain. I had lap RNY on sept. 24, 2007. It all started last Thursday. It lasted for a few hours. Then it happended fri, and sat. On Sunday night it woke me up from my sleep. It has been constant ever since Sunday night. I feel a terrible burning sensation in my stomach right under the breast in the middle. It is tender to the touch and very bloated. I feel nauseaus and very miserable. The burning sensation is the worse. I don't have my gall bladder and when I went to the er on Tuesday night they did a ct scan with contrast and found that everything looked okay except for the fact that my small bowel looked a little enlarged. I can't eat or drink anything. I have no appetite and when I do eat the pain becomes worse. All of my blood work came back normal. I don't know what to do!!!! Has anyone else experience these symptoms. I feel like someone has been kicking me in the stomach!! MY GI DR. TOLD ME TO TAKE PRILOSEC OTC 40 MG DAILY AND THAT HASN'T WORKED.
jakes_mom03
on 7/31/08 6:16 am - Canada
Are you able to pass gas or have bowel movements? Shelley
TOMICKO A.
on 7/31/08 11:23 pm - irvine, CA
before i was constipated now i have diarreah (sp) i am able to pass gas but only a litttle. not like before the pain started.
Lisa L.
on 8/5/08 11:57 pm - Nesconset, NY
I had a few episodes of severe abdominal pain too. I had to have an exploratory laparoscopy (yes, more surgery) and the surgeon found that I had 2 internal hernias (sometimes called Peterson's defects) and some adhesions that needed to be removed. Unfortunately, these hernias do NOT show up on CT-scans, the only way to properly diagnose them is with a laparoscopy. The good news (yes, these is some) is that the doc used my existing incision sites from my RNY, so I wound up with no extra scars. Also, I have not had the pain since, so it was all worth it in the end. You might want to ask your doctor if this is what it could be. They are caused by the rapid weight loss, and usually ocurr between 8 and 12 months out and 80 -120 lbs lost. Good luck. Hope you feel better soon. Hugs, Lisa
TOMICKO A.
on 8/6/08 1:32 am - irvine, CA
Thanks for responding. You really sound like you know what you are talking about!!!!!! I saw my surgeon yesterday and he told me exactly what you said that it could possibly be the internal hernias. He said he would like to do expoloratory surgery also...I just don't have insurance right now. So I have to wait until sept. You were so on the money and I thank you for your response. I am 10mos. Out and down 114lbs. The info you gave was so exact. Thanks a million. I am back at work today after 6day out. I am feeling a lot better. Thanks for your support. Tomicko
Most Active
Recent Topics
Over 4 years out!
mom23reds · 0 replies · 1173 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 783 views
Being way to hard on myself???
swtmelissa · 2 replies · 843 views