stalled weight loss

KellyC
on 8/1/08 7:59 pm
ok for the last three months my weight loss has been very minimal, I still eat the same, I really have not been able to excercise from a bad disability, cant walk long or stand, or lift. I started out on September 25, 2007 at 322lbs, i am currently at 205lbs, I have not lost any weight in the last month, and it is killing me, I want to be below that 200 mark, and I do not know what I need to do, or if this is it, if this is as low as I go, i am worried, someone please help, thank you
mywlsjourney
on 8/2/08 5:14 am
nickih
on 8/4/08 5:21 am - MN
I am in a stall as well so i understand how you fell. at my las vist i only lost 22 pounds and I have not lost anything since my last visit but I did loose a lot of inches and i find that people make more comments about how much I have lost when the scale is not moving compare to when the scale is moving. Nicki
jakes_mom03
on 8/4/08 7:51 am - Canada
I think it is the amount of time we are out. I guess the honeymoon is over and it is now up to us to really work it. My weight loss has slowed down a lot as well. I miss the early out days when it seemed I just had to breathe to lose weight!
KellyC
on 8/4/08 10:22 am
ok, I went back to strictly high protein and a few ashakes a day and dropped 4 lbs, that is way cool to get things going again, I really just want to see 199 before my year anniversary witch is next month. Thank you for your replies, I am glad I am not alone here. ~
IndigoStar
on 8/5/08 4:56 am - SUNNY CALIFORNIA
I too am stalled out right now and it gets frustrating!! i keep going from 175 to 178 but never can seem to break it, i guess i need to up my protien and water but the protien part is hard for me
Rick B.
on 8/10/08 6:21 am - CA
Aww sweetie, you are doing fine. I was at 362 on surgery day and I am down to 235 and my loss in the past month has slowed as well. I wanted to be down to 200 lbs by my anniversary (9/7/08) but it's not going to happen. We just have to be positive about what we have lost and try harder to follow our program. I've been assured that our honeymoon period is not over yet. It should last 18 to 24 months, not 10/11 months. I think my whole problem is not enough protein and water and too much carbs right now. God knows I am getting plenty of exercise. In fact, our problem could be that we are still losing fat, but starting to gain muscle to replace the fat. It weighs more and may in fact make us think that things are in a stall when in reality our bodies are still changing and clothes are still getting looser. Keep your chin up and remember, that we are still much better off than where we were. Cheers.
Amanda G.
on 8/27/08 1:03 pm - Lapeer, MI
On August 10, 2008 at 1:21 PM Pacific Time, Rocco wrote:
Aww sweetie, you are doing fine. I was at 362 on surgery day and I am down to 235 and my loss in the past month has slowed as well. I wanted to be down to 200 lbs by my anniversary (9/7/08) but it's not going to happen. We just have to be positive about what we have lost and try harder to follow our program. I've been assured that our honeymoon period is not over yet. It should last 18 to 24 months, not 10/11 months. I think my whole problem is not enough protein and water and too much carbs right now. God knows I am getting plenty of exercise. In fact, our problem could be that we are still losing fat, but starting to gain muscle to replace the fat. It weighs more and may in fact make us think that things are in a stall when in reality our bodies are still changing and clothes are still getting looser. Keep your chin up and remember, that we are still much better off than where we were. Cheers.
Wow were like twins!!  I was 362 also, i have lost down to 230, i have seen 229 but it was only for a day i think, the stal has been very frustrating and i know our window is suppose to be 18 months but man months 8 (to a lesser extent) 9 and 10 have been harder....
I am glad to hear that i am not alone thought
I am going to work hard on my water i think that might be an issue i know im getting 80 to 100 g of protein a day.
MC 06/2009
MC 09/2009

MC 11/2009
D&C, polyp removal, and division of partial septum 4/20/2010

katrina C.
on 9/1/08 1:44 pm - MI
thank goodness i am not the only september baby stalled out.... i have been stallin for about 2 or 3 months...ii have been sooo upset w/ myself about it....

i actually reached a nice goal of gettin to 158 about 3 or 4 weeks ago...but since then..ive gotten comfortable and been chowin down on all kinds of crap..and im now back at 166..OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.....
i see the doc sep 19 for my one year...i want to get back to 158...i wanted to be at 155 by then ..my one year ...i really wanted to be 150.... i am hoping maybe by new years eve then...

but yes...ive been stalled and just eatin away :( anyone else chowin down :(

im still throwin up tho :(

surgery (9/7/07) (surgery weight 247)
highest weight 259.7 March 3, 2008
Lowest weight April 154 (serious depression..lost about 12 pounds)
have gained :( since...

Most Active
Recent Topics
Over 4 years out!
mom23reds · 0 replies · 1171 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 781 views
Being way to hard on myself???
swtmelissa · 2 replies · 842 views