wow 1 year!?!

Amanda G.
on 8/27/08 1:09 pm - Lapeer, MI
Can it really be?!? in like 4 days the first of us september guys and gals will be hitting the 1 year mark, is anyone else looking back at the last year like it has gone by so fast??  I still very vivdly remember the feeling when the nurse wanted me to get out of bed and walk around.  Anyone else feel the same?

Oh and lets start posting our one year pictures haha :D
MC 06/2009
MC 09/2009

MC 11/2009
D&C, polyp removal, and division of partial septum 4/20/2010

kmvanvliet
on 8/28/08 11:30 pm - Manchester, NH
I can't believe it's been a year, and I can't believe the transformation in that year.  What comes to mind for me is for years, I would always say to myself, "I'm going to start dieting now, and by next year, I should weigh . . . ."  Of course, after that year would be over, I would just weigh more than what I started out at.  I would say those words to myself over and over, and each time, I would fail.  So when I had the surgery last September, I said those same words to myself, but I honestly didn't believe that I would really lose this much weight.  It really happened, and I am ever so grateful. 

I'd also like to comment that this weight loss has been and still is a process.  I feel like I am still learning the lesson.  Even after a year, I often forget to take a small bite, or chew completely and slowly, for instance.  Then I end up with a horrible case of the foamies.  Happened just this past Monday.  I think that if I wait until I'm very hungry, I start out trying to eat like I used to preop.  I wonder if I will ever shed those bad eating habits, or am I destined to carry them with me for the rest of my life?
"I am not the skin I'm in, but the soul within."
Lisa L.
on 8/29/08 12:24 am - Nesconset, NY
This past year has been an unbelievable journey. Sometimes I look back and can't believe that I actually had the surgery! It has gone extremely fast and I have had many complications. That being said, I would do it again in a minute! This surgery has been the best thing I ever did for myself!

I have recently reached my goal and am working on maintaining it right now. In this past year I have lost 138pounds, can fit comfortably in an airplane and movie theater seat, can get up off the floor without assistance, can shop in a regular sized store, can walk without get winded, am not hot and sweaty all the time (actually, I am always cold!), and can actually share clothing with my 13 year old daughter! Life is good and I feel great!

Congratulation to everyone on their one year surgiversary!! Keep up the great work and keep on posting! You have all been such a great source of support and inspiration for me.
Hugs to all,
Lisa

Come visit my support group on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/LIPO.Nation

To visit LIPO (Long Island Post Ops) bariatric support group website click here: www.liponation.org

katrina C.
on 9/1/08 1:47 pm - MI
this has been a roller coaster of a year... i cant believe its already been a year .....i was sooo close to my goal..then lost sight and got further away :( but i am going to make it again...

it seems like just yesterday ...yes...that they were asking me to get out of bed and walk the halls... i hated that....

and trying ....LITERALLLY CHOKING.. trying to get a 3 oz lil mouthwash gargly cupful of carnation instant strawberry milk down... :)...

now...i toss back soo many things i shouldnt be... but i must take charge and get things back on track....

i dont want to be one of those people who gain it back....because unfortunately..there are SOO M ANY people JUST WAITING to see if we will (gain it allllllllll back)...

but ...in HIM...I WILL TRUST...

happy surgaversay yawll :)
katrina

surgery (9/7/07) (surgery weight 247)
highest weight 259.7 March 3, 2008
Lowest weight April 154 (serious depression..lost about 12 pounds)
have gained :( since...

kslayden
on 9/22/08 7:26 am - AR
It's crazy how fast time has gone - my anniversary is on Wednesday.  In the old days, I would celebrate a happy occasion like this with fattening goodies - not anymore.  I'll celebrate alright, but my focus won't be food!  I still have days that I struggle, but not EVERY day.  I'm actually enjoying shopping for the first time in my life and it feels good!  Congrats to everyone on their successes.

Kelly

231/220.3/117/130
Highest/Pre-op/Current/Goal
BMI - 18.7

Most Active
Recent Topics
Over 4 years out!
mom23reds · 0 replies · 1171 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 781 views
Being way to hard on myself???
swtmelissa · 2 replies · 842 views