What is a good calorie goal for us?

Sheri S.
on 10/9/08 12:49 am, edited 10/9/08 12:50 am - Effingham, IL
Hey all,

I am also aqbout 14 months out of surgery and weighing about 138. I admit I have fallen off of the wagon lately. I took too much stress on (full time accelerated school program, planning a wedding eeek) combined with other daily stressors, I fell back into some bad habits. Im trying to get back on track now. I have not regained anything, but I also dont weigh regularly either. I became obsessed with the scale and finally tossed the junky thing out. Now that I am back on track with logging my foods everyday, I am wondering how many calories you all are taking in daily. I keep pretty active, but I dont "work out". Before i fell off the wagon, I was trying to keep my calorie intake at about 900 but noticed I was very tired. Im thinking 1000 would be acceptable at this point, but wanted some feedback. Let me know what you think....I would ask my doctor, but he tells me everything in moderation. I NEED parameters and rules....I tried everything and then some in moderation before, thats what got me into this mess to begin with.....UUUUGGGHHH! Thanks in advance!

Sheri

260 Highest recorded weight/223 Surgery day/ Personal goal 145/ Current 139...6 pounds below goal weight 

kmvanvliet
on 10/16/08 9:44 am - Manchester, NH
I'm eating around 1400 calories per day.  I keep my fats to less than 25-30% of total caloric intake, and the sat fats to less than 10%.  Carbs are at 50%, but that is almost exclusively complex carbs like veggies and fruit with a little bread or rice, etc. thrown in.  The rest is protein.  I exercise 4-5 times a week.  I started out at 260 also and now weigh 140.  I'm happy right where I am and am hoping to maintain at this weight forever.
"I am not the skin I'm in, but the soul within."
Most Active
Recent Topics
Over 4 years out!
mom23reds · 0 replies · 1174 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 813 views
Being way to hard on myself???
swtmelissa · 2 replies · 846 views