Checking in with all the September 2007 babies!

Lisa L.
on 1/25/09 8:38 pm - Nesconset, NY
Hi everyone! We haven't had a check in for a long time, so I figured I would start one.

If you don't know me, my name is Lisa and I had Lap RNY  on 9/11/07 (who could forget that date!) by Dr. Holover in New Hyde Park, NY. I am currently maintaining a 140 pound weight loss and fell fantastic! My first year was filled with complications of every kind. Name it, I had it! That being said, this surgery was the BEST thing I ever did. My life is so much better now, I am able to do all those things that were totally out of my reach before....like sit in a movie theater/plane seat comfortably.  I currently wear a size 8/10 pants and small/med top. I was wearing a 26/28 and 3X. It's great to be able to walk into basically any store and find something that fits!

Plastics? NO! I am not planning on any for a number of reasons...the first being $$$$$. Secondly, after all the problems I had after my RNY, I don't think I want to go under the knife ever again. Third, everything looks fine when put together and dressed. A good bra is a wonderful thing! 

So, that's me. Lets all post updates so we can share in each others successes and struggles. I find it inspiring to hear about other's lives post surgery. 
Hugs,
Lisa

Come visit my support group on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/LIPO.Nation

To visit LIPO (Long Island Post Ops) bariatric support group website click here: www.liponation.org

little_bank_robber
on 2/12/09 11:54 pm - BFE, MI
Hi there, I just found this place. 

I am maintaining a 112 lb loss.  Feeling better than ever.

Have not started looking into plastics yet, but I sure would like to get my belly done and the girls are totally deflated.

Take care.

Anna

Proud Navy Mom

kmvanvliet
on 5/4/09 4:49 am - Manchester, NH
Hi, just saw your post - better late than never I guess!  Anyway, my name is Kathy.  I had RNY on 9/17/07 and have now lost 140 pounds.  Hit my goal on election day 2008.  Now I'm below goal.  On 3/23/09, I had my arms done and a lower body lift.  Doc took off an additional 6 pounds of skin.  Now I'm looking to have the girls done -  maybe end of summer or early fall.  I have had no problems from either of the surgeries.  I feel great and love my new body.  I went from 22/24 to a size 4.  Some 4s are even too big!  Best news yet is that all my comorbidities are gone - high blood pressure, cholesterol, prediabetes, back, knee & foot pain - you name it!  I exercise about 5x/week at a minimum, write down my food in Fitday and attend 3 different local support groups, plus lurk on the boards on this site.  Life is great I tell you!
"I am not the skin I'm in, but the soul within."
mywlsjourney
on 5/4/09 11:12 am
livs2laff
on 9/23/10 11:13 pm - Sevierville, TN
Love this, my name is Jen I had surgery 9/17/07- so yes 3 years out now. I am am staying at about 140lb. though if i could stay off the sliders I am sure I would be able to drop back to the mid 130's (that is where i feel the best).
I could not be happier with my choice to do the RNY surgery. I have had no regrets (unles I over eat-lol). Exercise I try to do a few times a week. Would love to make myself be more comitted to a minimm of 5 days a week (working on it). Would love to find support group but can not find any in my neck of the woods. Nashville is closest one and that is a bit to far to travel. Love having a reflection I dont want to run from in the mirror.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Over 4 years out!
mom23reds · 0 replies · 1172 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 783 views
Being way to hard on myself???
swtmelissa · 2 replies · 843 views