Just need encouragement I guess

shyoned
on 5/2/09 12:05 pm

I am a week shy of 8 months (Still cant believe it has been that long already).  I think I have done ok on the weight lose, even though I have SLOWED DOWN ALOT.  I only lose about a 1/2 a lb a week now.  I had RNY on 9/8/08 I started at 258 and now weigh anywhere from 169 to 173 depending on water retension I guess......My goal weight is 138 lbs.....I have gone from a plus size 3x to normal size large.  Pants were 22/24s  now I can wear a 12, and think another lb or two could get into a 10.  

I have people at work tell me all the time how nice I look, and people who dont see me a lot, always comment on the weight lose.  My Husband tells me how nice I look all the time too.  But when I look in the mirror, I look the same to myself.  I know in my head I look better, and I am smaller.....but I dont SEE it.  AND i feel like I should be closer to my goal by now, and get mad that I am not  losing at least a lb a week........I know I must be doing something wrong.....but can't figure it out.

I go to the gym 4 to 5 days a week.....I don't do the same cardio workout each time, and I do lots of running with the kids now, that I never did before.....I do leg machines twice a week, do an ab workout twice a week, and arms/upper body twice a week (do abs when I do my legs).....

I eat 60 - 80 grams of protein  (Dr wants me to have at least 50)  I take my vitamins, limit my carbs, and am trying to watch my sodium....  (I do need to work on my water intake though)...

Guess I just need to know I am doing all I can, and won't fail at this too

SW:  258     CW: 167     GW:  138      91lbs down, 29 lbs to go

MacMadame
on 5/4/09 1:54 pm - Northern, CA
I was thinking a bit about this topic this weekend. I think we all have a mental image of ourselves and for most of us, it doesn't necessarily correspond to reality. When I was over 200, I didn't see it. I knew intellectually I was fat but often felt "hot" and also didn't think I was as fast as I was. But now I look in the mirror and I see myself as bigger than I am.

I realized this weekend that my mental image happens to be in the 155-165 range. So when I was above that, I was seeing a smaller person and now that I'm below that I'm seeing a larger person.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

shyoned
on 5/10/09 6:03 am
I thought a lot about what you said, and it makes a lot of sense  the "Internal eye" sees something different that what our true eye sees.  I remember when I was bigger and I would see myself in a picture or video I'd think I don't look like that?!   BUT I DID....

So how does someone reprogram their internal eye to have a more positive image?  Or do you just have to keep telling yourself it is wrong!!

MacMadame
on 5/11/09 3:52 pm - Northern, CA
I still get shocked when I see myself sometimes. I was trying to find my pictures from an event where they were all in one big group and I kept clicking on pictures that were 30 lb. heavier than I am.

I actually try to do things to help my mental picture adjust though. Like when clothes shopping, I try to pick them by eyeballing them instead of looking at the tags. I have an okay idea of what size I am in clothes because I put on clothes every day. It's the big picture that still alludes me.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

ImJeniH
on 5/6/09 4:27 am - Katy, TX
Wow that is a great job, don't let the small stuff get to you just focus on the big picture and what changes have happen from the beginning!~

Jeni......
Highest/Consult W/Surgery W/Current W/Goal W
348/303/298/159/149

Tink608
on 5/17/09 10:35 pm
Hey Shyone - You look fantastic!!  We have the same Dr. and we are in the same boat.  I've lost 101 lbs so far, and since I've crossed the 6 month mark my weightloss has come to a slower than slow creap.  Some weeks I don't loose anything, some I loose 1, some 2-3 and it sucks!!  Like you I feel like I'm doing everything right but the pounds just don't seem to be moving.  I've talked to Dr and NUT but they don't seem to be any help other than to keep doing what I'm doing.

Like you sometimes when I look at my self I really like what I see, but then when I take that and look in the mirror or see a picture I still don't feel like I look good enough.  There are parts of me that just don't seem to have lost weight and that bothers the crap out of me, like my calfs, middle role of tummy.  I just don't know what to do about those.  My trainer says you can't "target" weight loss areas you just have to keep working everything and eventually it will come off.  When does that eventually get here???  I've lost 101 lbs???

Try to stay positive!!  Like you I always worry about failing at this too.  I just wanted a little more out of it than I've gotten.  I'm just having trouble getting it.
Christy
shyoned
on 5/22/09 9:51 am
You have done WONDERFUL.  101lbs, WOW!!!  And you look fantastic.   I know it is hard for me to stay positive, but I really do try to listen to everyone around me, and not myself.   I am smaller than I have been in YEARS (Like 18 of em)  but I still get frustrated that I haven't been able to lose more...

I decided today that I am going to try not to stress over it, since I think stressing over it is what is causing me to not move on the scale.  I've set a goal to lose 5 - 10 lbs by my high school reunion on July 25th........But if I don't that is ok too!!! 

amy M.
on 5/24/09 12:20 pm - PA
I had my surgery on 9/22/08.  I'm down 88lbs.  And although the weight loss has really really slowed down I am still hopeful.  I am doing all the right things...... drinking lots of water, taking all my vitamins/medicines, eating alot of protein, and exercising four times a week.  This has been the best thing that I have ever done...... the BEST!!!!
Stay hopeful.  Your weightloss may be slow now but you will never let those pounds come back!

Amy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Where I Am Today!!!!!!!!!
tusun50374 · 0 replies · 738 views
Happy Anniversary to Me!
cpcampbell · 1 replies · 933 views
Soon To be 6 Years!
cpcampbell · 3 replies · 1092 views
Soon to be 5 Yrs.....
tusun50374 · 6 replies · 1265 views