8 month check in!!! Everyone show yourselves!!

Nahealani
on 5/14/09 9:46 am - vancouver, WA
Ok September Sumurais we haven't checked in for so long so lets see you guys and give us your juicy updates.

For me I am Asia from Hawaii.  I had surgery on 9/9/08.  This is my new birthday.  My life has totally changed.  I can run and play with my children.  I can move, breathe, and most of all shop.  I can run 3 miles now without stopping.  My main downfall is starting.  If I can get my running shoes on I am out the door.  I seem to always have excuses for exercise.  I have to make it a every day thing.  So here are some pictures from before and current.

Asia Pre-op at 240

image.jpg picture by NahealaniimageCAUOVM5C.jpg picture by Nahealani

This is me now at 8 months and 140 lbs. GOAL!!

DSC01886.jpg picture by NahealaniDSC01880.jpg picture by Nahealani
2862_1159737316598_1322743836_30440.jpg picture by Nahealani

Live Life, Love Life!!!!

Aloha,
Asia

5'4": Surgery 240/Current 135/Goal 140 = 105 lbs lost!!!  BMI 22.5 I'm Normal  

6 Years Later highest 198 / Current 176 / Goal 140
Hit Goal on 5/14/09 8 months out! 
  Join us on the Lightweights Board!

mst42
on 5/14/09 12:23 pm - Ithaca, NY
Wow, you look amazing!  Thanks for posting new pictures.  I have some on my profile.

It has been an amazing journey.  I am so glad I finally had the surgery.  It has not been hard and life is much easier!

daisy77
on 5/17/09 2:32 am - WI
I had my surgery on 9/30/08.  My only regret is waiting until I was 35 to have the surgery!  I'm loving my rny.  Things have gone very well.  If feel great and have a healthy relationship with food!  What more could I ask for?  Only 32 pounds to go!   79% of excess weight lost!  Hoping to be release by my surgeon in June to ttc.  In April he said that if I kept up my wl he would give me the go ahead in June!

oh_card_b1Done.jpg

MacMadame
on 5/17/09 4:45 am - Northern, CA
I'm 7.75 months out. Won't be 8 months until next week.

I've made my goal of getting to a normal BMI. I now want to remove about 5 pounds of fat from my tummy and legs but I want to replace it with muscles so I'm not sure I'll actually lose any more on the scale.

I went from going to the gym for 30 min. 1-2x a week to training for triathlons 6-10 hours a week. I've done the Sprint and Olympic distance and I'm working towards a Half Ironman in the Fall.

People say they operate on your stomach, but not your head, but I feel like the surgery flipped a switch in my brain. I think it's because I have almost no ghrelin floating around in my brain. My brain is now the brain of a fitness buff instead of a coach potato.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Jen Azok
on 5/18/09 11:30 pm - Swansboro, NC

I am Jen from NC.  I had surgery 9/15/2008.  My life has changed so much, and I hope that it continues to change for the better.  I love to exercise and have actually starting jogging again, after getting out of the Air Force 13 years ago.

I started out at 245 lbs, and so far I have lost 84% excess body weight for a total of 90 lbs in 8 months (and 4 days).  I am 17 lbs from my ideal weight and 20 lbs from my personal goal.  My BMI is still a little high at 25.8 - but I am getting there.

Things are moving slow - but I am staying positive.  I am still adjusting to the new me in the mirror everyday.

But I am thinkful for OH and all of the wonderful people on here to remind me that I am doing OK, and I will continue to be successful with the life changes I have made for myself and my family.

I LOVE MY RNY!!!

nneenasimone
on 5/19/09 9:39 am
I had my surgery on 9/29 and I've lost close to 70 pounds. 15 pounds to go to reach my personal goal and I've lost 82% of my excess weight. I feel like a million bucks and I can't believe it but I really like how I look now. The weight loss has definitely slowed and I'm not as motivated to exercise - but I'm working on that! Congratulations to all the September Samurais!
Laura in Texas
on 5/20/09 4:20 am
I posted before and current pics on my profile (can't figure out how to copy them here).

I have lost 129 pounds since September 2nd, the day I started my pre-op liquid diet, with 23 more to go until I reach a "normal" BMI (under 25).

Things here are good and I've had no complications.  I just need to figure out how I can afford plastic surgery.  If I were to have anything done this summer, it would be my arms since they are hard to hide.  The rest I will wait to have done until I am at goal.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

boutnay
on 5/20/09 8:42 pm - Long Beach, CA

I HAD MY RNY ON SEPT 3RD...8 MONTHS OUT I HAVE LOST 101LBS...AND STILL HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO .....BUT MY LIFE HAS DEFINITELY CHANGED....HERE ARE MY BEFORE 340 LBS AND AFTER PICS.....
P9030277.jpg picture by boutnay7m.jpg picture by boutnaycnote1-1.jpg picture by boutnay

katiekat412
on 5/21/09 9:41 pm
Hi, my name is Kat. I had my surgery on 9/17 and have lost 70 lbs. It seems that the world loses a lot faster than I do, but I couldn't have done this on my own. My life is so much better with the weight gone. I am wearing a size 8/M, and actually enjoying EVERYTHING! 

I'm up to exercising 7-9 hours a week, but still don't have a runner in me. I'm a two mile girl and that's it! Otherwise, it's kickboxing all the way. I think its because it entertains me more.

Anyway, I can walk up steps without crying now, and I have more self confidence, which helps me make better decisions all around.

I want to lose another 30 lbs. I don't know how realistic that is, but I will give it a try!!! Thanks for the check-in Asia!

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

cpcampbell
on 5/24/09 3:58 am
Hi , I'm Carla from Marietta GA.  I had my RNY on 9/2/2008.  I'm 3 lbs from goal...!  It has been the best thing ever...I am now doing things I never thought I'd do.  There has been so many changes, good changes thta it would take me a few minutes to even begin to touch on them.  Most of all, my health has improved 150% - I no longer have diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholostrol, acid reflux, and liver disease, just to name a few.  From size 16/18 to 6/8 is awesome!  

I'm so grateful to the Lord and my surgeon.
Cpcampbell

Highest Weight = 206 lbs.
Surgery Weight = 185.6 lbs.
Current Weight = 133 lbs.
Goal Weight = 130 lbs. (5'1")

3 LBS to Goal! 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Where I Am Today!!!!!!!!!
tusun50374 · 0 replies · 740 views
Happy Anniversary to Me!
cpcampbell · 1 replies · 934 views
Soon To be 6 Years!
cpcampbell · 3 replies · 1096 views
Soon to be 5 Yrs.....
tusun50374 · 6 replies · 1266 views