We're Coming Up On Our 4 Year Mark!

cpcampbell
on 3/16/12 12:42 am
Hi Everyone!

Okay, it's almost that time again...How are we all doing?
Brooke F.
on 3/20/12 3:37 pm - CA
 I'm personally feeling great, I've gained some weight back from my lowest...I had gotten down to 119 I'm currently at 137 but I'm working on that :) I have rededicated myself, and have really been giving it my all this 2012! I workout 6 days a week, and loving it! 
What I don't like.....I can't wear short sleeve shirts because the skin on my upper arms is so saggy, and it actually has a weird roll in the middle of my upper arm on both sides :(
My legs are wobbly and loose...and my stomach is sooooooo icky. Thank heavens for spanx. I never leave home without spanx!! 
Overall I'd still do it again in a heartbeat....life has just been so awesome since losing weight!

cpcampbell
on 3/21/12 8:39 am
As I read your reply I was saying to mself "OMG, she is talking about me!" And I mean,to  the nearest: I got down to 118 and WAS AT 139.6. I went back to basics in february,about 3 weeks ago and I'm down 10 lbs already. Protein shakes and one meal a day.    Talk about spandex, I bet I got you beat!   I have not been to the gym in over a month.  I''m in school and recently completed my comprehensive examination - a very long, intense and stressful period (12 weeks) so during that time I did not even attempt to go.  I just passed 2 weeks ago. I'm ready to go back now.You know, I don't wear short sleeves without another short/jacket covering my arms. Just as you, I would do it again in a heartbeat. My life is so much better.
Brooke F.
on 3/22/12 8:47 am - CA
Yeah, I wear 3/4 sleeves when I'm not wearing long sleeves....and *if* I do wear a short sleeve shirt or a tank top, there's always a cover up on top of it.
The scale is starting to go down for me once again, which is nice, since it's been going up since I've been going to the gym 6 days a week. But *finalllllly* this week I'm back to where I once was when I began going to the gym. Which made me smile :) But I've lost several inches in my waist so the number on the scale is not the end all be all.....but I still obsess over it. lol

This morning I pushed myself hardcore in my workout, which sucks during the workout, but feels sooooo good when I'm done just knowing *I* did it!

Another thing that I'm still getting used to is passing people when I'm running on the track! And I don't have to walk...I can freaking run....that stilllll boggles my mind....I was always the tired one in the back of the pack being lapped.....unbelievable to me that I'm doing this!

Laura in Texas
on 4/4/12 12:41 pm
I'm doing well and have been maintaining my 200 pounds loss for 2.5 years now. It's interesting that you guys are complaining about being 137. That's what I weigh and I cannot imaging being any smaller at 5'7". I wear size 4's and I like my curves. I've had plastics and love my body now. I probably need my thighs done, but enough is enough. Life is good!! 

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

cpcampbell
on 4/6/12 11:52 am
Hi Laura,

Yes, life is good!  I have, for the most part, maintained as well.  I'm under goal, (currently 125) and I am 5'1"  I'm loving life and I'm healthy!  It really feels great.
Brooke F.
on 4/8/12 10:43 am - CA
 Laura, I'm only 5' ft. "tall" lol

So you've got 7 inches on me :)
Tusun
on 5/27/12 8:18 am
I lost 202 lbs from 350 to 148..... I am currently up about  7 lbs, That's ok because at 5'8 and a half, 148 I was developing a boy's body (no butt).  I would like to go down to 150 lbs, I feel secure there:)

All in all, I so greatful to God and the surgeon for helping me get my life on track!
cpcampbell
on 5/28/12 12:14 am
WOW!

Phenomenal! Doesn't it feel great?  Keep up the good work.  I recently went through a weight regain and panicked.....Was up 21 pounds.  Yikes!  Went back to basics and I'm back - lost all but 2 pounds.  Currently at 119 and well under goal (my docs goal was 130 and mine was 125).  

You know what?  It was soooooo hard to do.  The carbs really did a number on me and I vowed that once I got it off this time that I would NOT do it again and so far so good......

Do you work out?
mom2jakeandmaddie
on 6/7/12 4:04 am - Hendersonville, TN
I'm still hanging in there too:-)  From 270 to 138/148  (I go up and down between but as long as I stay within that range I'm happy...any lower is too low and any higher freaks me out:-) And I went from a size 24 to a 4-6.  I still love love love the feeling of being able to walk into any store and buy clothes:-)

I am dealing with deterioration in my back and 2 hurniated/buldging disks which is much more difficult after WLS than it was before.  Not being able to take NSAIDS & not absorbing all of the meds we take anyway (not to mention getting a doctor to understand that) has been very very challenging.  I have yet to find a solution...but I'll keep trying because I didn't lose all that weight to have a healthy life just to end up in pain every day.

So glad everyone is doing so well!!  It's so hard to beleive it's been this long.

Jennifer
HW/SW/CW/GW 267/253/138/145 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Where I Am Today!!!!!!!!!
tusun50374 · 0 replies · 727 views
Happy Anniversary to Me!
cpcampbell · 1 replies · 921 views
Soon To be 6 Years!
cpcampbell · 3 replies · 1079 views
Soon to be 5 Yrs.....
tusun50374 · 6 replies · 1256 views