17 days and 34 pounds!!!

JCSeymour3
on 9/22/09 8:15 am - Benicia, CA
I had my surgery on 9/4/09 and everything is going smoothly.  I was so happy to make it to mashed potatoes and scrambled eggs last Friday.  Looking forward to even more this Friday.  Can't quite sleep on my left side yet, but I have managed to move to my left.  I am a side-sleeper so this is big news for me.

Hardest part is definitely the "Head Hunger."  I am not hungry, but this weekend was my daughter's 13th birthday and so we went out to dinner twice and I couldn't eat what I would normally - hard.  Also, went to the movies and missed the diet coke popcorn pulling up tot the theater.  (But, I survived all 3 without a hitch).  WE CAN DO THIS!

I am new to this, but if anybody fewer than 17 days has a question I would love to help out.

I appreciate voicing my experience to those who listen.

HW 355  /  SW 335  /  Today 301  /  GOAL 199!
Colby
HW 355/SW 335/CW 301/Goal 199!
kristine1972
on 9/22/09 11:02 am
i had surgery mon the 21st.  so far so good, but i hear on the head hunger.  i think i will miss my naughty snakes for awhile, but i know this is a better way of life.  right now i am trying to deal with the pain in my gut,  can't wait to get off the liquids and start on real food (with very small portions)
keep up the good work
JCSeymour3
on 9/22/09 12:28 pm - Benicia, CA
you too.  thanks for the reponse and congratulations on your surgery!
Colby
(deactivated member)
on 9/22/09 11:46 pm
Congrats on your weight loss. I had surgery on 9/9/9 and I've been eating mashed potatoes and scrambled egges since I left the hospital. I even had crackers and chicken salad.  I do have a question. What brand of calcium citrate are you taking? The waffers are disgusting and so is the liquid. I'm trying to find something that I can take that doesn't make me ill.
JCSeymour3
on 9/25/09 3:55 pm - Benicia, CA
I am taking Tums.  I know that is carbonate, not citrate - but, my surgeon at UCSF (the head surgeon of the entire bariatric department) said Tums are fine.  But, don't listen to me on that one.  That is just what my surgeon said to me.  Good luck.
Colby
msrare1
on 9/24/09 12:35 am - Chicago, IL
RNY on 09/28/09 with

I'm scheduled for the 28th and I also new to this but I am excited and nervous all at the same time. Congrats on your success!!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone do the 5 day pouch test?
itallica · 1 replies · 935 views
Progress
kearstyn · 12 replies · 1230 views
Calling all September 2009 peeps
Papoose79 · 18 replies · 1785 views