Any 9/8 peeps there?

peggy1011
on 9/23/09 1:04 am - Whitesboro, NY
Revision on 09/08/09 with
Wondering how you're doing.   Everyday seems to get better for me, but I still do get tired easily.  Currently able to eat 2 Tbsp. of mashed potatoe,, yogurt, grits, oatmeal, or cream of wheat, along with 4 oz. of protein shake 3 times a day.  Friday I can advance to tuna and scrambled eggs, and stop the shakes. 

Peggy

Lara S.
on 9/23/09 3:09 am - Rock Hill, SC
Hey Peggy,
I am a 9/8er also and it looks like we are almost in the same boat. I have lost about 18 lbs and I started at 260. I have loads of energy. Never hungry. Have to force myself to eat. Not real good with protein or water....:-( I am trying though. I also lost my weight in the first week and a half and now it seems to be at a stand still. How bout you!

Lara S.
motomom_73069
on 9/29/09 10:39 pm - Norman, OK
HI Peggy

I'm actually a 9/9 so it's been 3 weeks today.   I'm about the same place down 19 but I'm already doing scrambled eggs and chicken salad.   I can't tolerate dairy (tried cottage cheese last night and some cream cheese instead of light mayo in the chicken salad, neither went well).  Most days I get my water in, but the waiting an hour after having food, makes that a challenge.
"It doesn't matter how strong your opinions are, if you don't use them for positive change, you ARE, indeed, part of the problem"

dfaulkner
on 1/15/10 9:51 am - Murrayville, GA
I am also a 9/8er and I am at 7.5 on my band fill, the restriction is a lot better than it was. I was 268 and now I'm 242.  I am now at a stand still and don't know what to do. I am an emotional eater, still seeing a counselor for that and I am reading a book called "Feeding the Hungry Heart".  The Protein Shakes are terrible and I'm doing well with the water either.
Any suggestions.
Debbie
peggy1011
on 9/30/09 8:54 am - Whitesboro, NY
Revision on 09/08/09 with
Sounds like we're all about in the same place..food wise and appetite wise, as well as our weight loss!  Tonight I had some ricotta cheese with homemade spaghetti sauce on it.  Pure bliss!  I also nibbled some saltines at lunch, and it was so nice being able to crunch something. Tomorrow is my first postop visit, and this is one dr's appt I'm actually looking forward to...
Friday I can start some soft fish such as tilapia, soft cooked vegetables and soft fruits.    Lets keep in touch and be each other's encouragement. 

Peggy

Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone do the 5 day pouch test?
itallica · 1 replies · 934 views
Progress
kearstyn · 12 replies · 1230 views
Calling all September 2009 peeps
Papoose79 · 18 replies · 1784 views