what can i eat now

IMFREE
on 9/23/09 9:42 am - DC
I'm two weeks post-op... and i went back to work today... i was starving... i have no idea of what i can eat... please help me
ItsMoiRach
on 9/24/09 3:53 am - Aurora, CO
What stage are you on?  

peggy1011
on 9/25/09 11:06 am - Whitesboro, NY
Revision on 09/08/09 with
I had my surgery the day before you.  But....each doctor has their own plan.  I have slowly progressed from liquids to cream of wheat, grits, yogurt, applesauce and oatmeal.  As of today, I can now add tunafish and scrambled egg, but no more than 1/4 cup. 
Did your dr give you a list of foods you can eat week by week?  You should be following that to the letter, including the amounts.  We're both still in the process of healing our pouches and we need to be very careful.  

Peggy

Deidra B.
on 9/27/09 7:04 am - Somerset, KY

The best advice I have to give is to contact your surgeon and ask for a list of foods that you can have at whatever stage you are in. They may give you a generic list, such as "soft foods", but even that will have examples. I had my RNY a week after you and until I see my surgeon for my first Post-Op visit, I am on a strictly "blendarized" diet...i.e., baby food consistency. However; I can have pretty much any kind of bean I want since they are high in fiber and protein and I can have all kinds of soup, some of which I put through the blender to make sure there is nothing "larger than the diameter of a drinking straw" so that I don't take the chance of rupturing my pouch. Since every surgeon's program is different...contact your surgeon or their assistant and just ask what kinds of food you can have.

Best of luck!

Dee

HW/340 - SW/305 - CW/191 - GW/??  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone do the 5 day pouch test?
itallica · 1 replies · 935 views
Progress
kearstyn · 12 replies · 1230 views
Calling all September 2009 peeps
Papoose79 · 18 replies · 1784 views