"THIS IS IT" Let the Transformation Begin!

Trisha68
on 9/27/09 4:27 am - Westbury, NY
Hello OH Family,

Well, in a couple of days will be the beginning of my new life.  "THIS IS IT"!  This day has finally arrived.  The feeling that I have at this moment is, "It's about damn time, I can start to feel better about myself."  Don't get me wrong, I was never ashamed of my appearance and I've always had a positive attitude.  But nothing feels better than being thin.  And I haven't felt that way since High School.

I've read a lot of blogs about how so many people anxiety gets the best of them before surgery.  Yes, it is a major surgery and I guess if you never had to encounter it prior that is a blessing.  However, for me I've already had a cardio ablation procedure done and the doctor and staff was absolutely exceptional.  Maybe that's why I'm very calm and confident that my doctor will do a exceptional job as well.

Well, I have all of the things I need when I go to the hospital and is packing my bag today.  I already did my shopping for when I return home.  Got my vitamins, prescriptions filled, jello, crystal lights, broth and unflavored protein.

I must admit, I have a wonderful group of co-workers and friends.  On my last day, my co-worker gave me the most beautiful card and skinny jeans in a size 18.  That was so thoughtful.  I picked them up and said OMG, I can't believe I will be able to wear this one day.  I told her when I can wear them we are going out to celebrate.  I will post pictures of it later in my before and after shot. 

I don't even remember being in a size 18.  The feeling I had at that moment was very overwhelming and it gave me so much ambition, motivation and a sense of "This is so real feeling" that I just started crying.  That was the sweetest gesture and I will treasure that moment for the rest of my life.

My family, they are very supportive.  My husband is bending over backwards to make sure everything is in order for me.  Always asking me, how are you feeling?  Is there anything you need?  And I didn't even go in yet.  I love that man.  I guess because it's been hard for the past couple of weeks for me with this liquid diet and I'm about wits end of it myself.  I can't really describe the feeling it's just an annoying pain with my body parts and the fact that mother nature paid me a visit on Friday is not helping the situation at all.  Hopefully by surgery it will not be an issue.  Oh, and another thing why in the hell all of the sudden it's hard to go to the bathroom.  I was very regular and BAM BOOM complete stop.  THIS IS A TRIP... 

Any whooo, OH Fam, keep me in your prayers as I embark further into this journey.  Make room here I come!

Peace and Blessings

Trisha
momof687
on 9/27/09 5:32 am - Evansville, IN
I am so happy for you that you are doing so well!  Definitely doing better than me!  I have not had any major surgery before, except c-section, and I am scared to death and its getting worse by the minute.  This liquid diet thing is killing me.  This is going to be an extremely longgggg day!

Karen
TerSue
on 9/27/09 8:40 am - LA
Hi Trisha,
  I am so excited for you!! The liquid diet is much easier after surgery because you won't have any hunger issues for awhile :o). It's mainly boredom you have to overcome until you get to your soft food stage but you can do it !! So glad you got the unflavored protein. You can mix it with grits, applesauce, soup, gravy, mashed potatoes, ect... not just your drinks. Your fruit or shake drinks will taste a lot better if you add about 6 to 8 ice cubes and blend it up like a slushy. You can also mix the powdered UpCal calium supplement with your slushy drinks as well. If you get the munchies for something crunchy...eat popscicles. You can eat 4 at a time, it just counts towards your liquids anyway and most are under 40 calories. The Crystal Light popscicles are only 15 calories. Remember to walk even if for just 5 minutes at a time until you get 30 minutes a day so you won't be at risk for blood clots.
Good luck and I'll wait to read your post op post when you get back home.
hugs,
TerSue

tawnia49
on 9/29/09 3:27 am
Congratulations and good luck!!  I will be right there with you in a few days, my date is 9/30.  It is very exciting!  I will keep you and all the others in my thoughts!
Tawnia        
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone do the 5 day pouch test?
itallica · 1 replies · 931 views
Progress
kearstyn · 12 replies · 1227 views
Calling all September 2009 peeps
Papoose79 · 18 replies · 1781 views