Are there any 28ers out there?

J.L.
on 9/26/09 1:21 pm
I am getting anxious and could use a little encouragement, who has surgery this week??

momof687
on 9/26/09 1:53 pm, edited 9/26/09 1:53 pm - Evansville, IN
That would be me also.  But I bet you aren't as nervous as I am.  I found out yesterday I have to go in by myself because of the hospital swine flu precautions.  My husband and mother have both been sick, our little 2 yr. old (born very premature) has been sick, and our healthy 21 & 17 year olds that were going with me now cant go because the hospital says no one under 25.  I wanted to scream.  Since I won't cancel I am going to be dropped off, and picked up.  I figure if nothing else, I will soak up all the pain meds they offer and sleep the time away........  I hope we all do fine.  I am sure we will, it just is not going to be easy for me!  I am keeping myself busy trying to figure our what I can't have on my clear liquid diet tomorrow (which I believe is mostly everything...)

Karen 
Heather I.
on 9/26/09 11:40 pm
If you find out what you CAN have on clear liquids, let me know.  Hoping for something other than broth.  I am the day after you.  Kind of excited.
Heather
J.L.
on 9/27/09 2:28 am
I was told broth, sf jello and sf popsicles, crystal light, apple juice, and I'm allowed three protein drinks a day.

Good luck guys!! We are almost there!!

momof687
on 9/27/09 5:35 am - Evansville, IN
Thank you - I have drank so much water today I am floating.  I guess next will be more broth, then more jello.  I keep telling myself this day can't last forever..........
Jesyka956
on 9/27/09 7:59 am - Weslaco, TX
My surgery is tomorrow as well and im getting so nervous!
Enfermero
on 9/27/09 10:21 am - Orange Park, FL
WE ARE ALL GONNA DO GREAT !!!!!  Our help comes from the Lord the MAKER of heaven and earth. Nothing is going to happen but AWESOME weight loss and awesome futures !!! ( And morphine !!! )

Im nervous too. It is natural. but just remember who your doing this for. One week of pain is worht a lifetime time of happiness.

This laxative ( oops) is the worst part !!!
marco G.
on 9/27/09 12:52 pm - austin, tx
Right here with ya!  I have to be In at 5:15AM,   It semeed like tomorrow was so far away,  even through the pre-op preps, last appts and everything,  good luck to you   let me know how it goes!!  I will  do the same!
Tracy G.
on 9/27/09 8:44 pm - Elkridge, MD
Revision on 04/04/13
I'm getting ready to head to the hospital now.  I pushed for a later surgery time so I could get extra sleep but it didn't do a lot of good.  I didn't have a big issue sleeping last night, when I finally went to sleep.  I still have to be there three hours earlier then I expected.  I'm pretty calm at the moment.  Maybe a little odd feeling, but not as much as I expected.  I'm sure it will get worse the closer the time comes.  The time did fly between scheduling the surgery and today.  Good luck everyone!

Tracy

Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone do the 5 day pouch test?
itallica · 1 replies · 932 views
Progress
kearstyn · 12 replies · 1229 views
Calling all September 2009 peeps
Papoose79 · 18 replies · 1784 views