Calling all 28ers out there!!

Papoose79
on 10/25/09 3:36 pm - Horn Lake, MS
What are you eating? I need help because everything that I have tried besides soup come back up! I need recipes or something!
HW: 284 SW: 273 1st Goal: 200 2nd Goal (PCP): 150 Surgeon's goal 140                          
apryldee
on 10/25/09 4:19 pm - houston, TX
my surgery was not the 28th but what all have u tried b/c if i suggest something and u have all ready tryed it wouldnt be helpfull to u

SW 280/ SW 266/ PPW 175/ CW 185

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal picture

Papoose79
on 10/26/09 1:03 am - Horn Lake, MS
To be honest I haven't tried that much because I am scared of purging! But I tried baked salmon and chunk light tuna packed in water neither sit to well, oh I tried a bite of baked chicken thighs and that came back up. All soups, no matter the consistency stay down so maybe I am suppose to just do the soups forever!
msrare1
on 10/25/09 5:13 pm - Chicago, IL
RNY on 09/28/09 with
Hey, I am still alittle confused but I am eating scrambled eggs. spinach and tuna, ground turkey taco (low cal low sodium) with refried beans. PROTEIN SHAKES!!!! But I am getting bored quickly with the soft foods, I need suggestions too!
Papoose79
on 10/26/09 1:05 am - Horn Lake, MS
Hey there I just got back from Chicago and the Gary, IN area Saturday! When you scramble your eyes, how do you prepare them? I can do the beans, but what other soft foods are you trying?
apryldee
on 10/26/09 5:57 am, edited 10/26/09 5:57 am - houston, TX
try chilli thats what got me through also whipeed potatoes eggs are good at the soft food stage couldnt do scrambled so i at boiled eggs and they sat better. try shrimp if u are allowed it. and with the tunna if you are eating it plain try some maynoise either the one made with olive oil or the lofat one or whatever the healther on is and chop a boiled egg into it. the soft food stage was the hardest stage for me b/c you could eat real food but only a few selction. also for fish try tilpia its a great flacke soft fish. i hope this helped

SW 280/ SW 266/ PPW 175/ CW 185

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal picture

J.L.
on 10/26/09 1:42 pm
I bet you could tolerate more food if you get yourself one of those little cuisinarts that blends food really fine? I can eat chicken salad (chicken breast with mayonaise) if I use it in the processor first.

It's been a hit and miss thing for me I've only puked once but find that there are many times I could have puked and felt better LOL. I also eat things like refried beans with a bit of cheese on top, and Red Baron has a really soft pizza I can eat. I know that people freak out that I have had pizza but I want to learn how to eat normally so I'm not going to sweat it if it's only once a month. I also like meatballs or you can make an Italian dish by using ricotta cheese and then put ground turkey and some tomato sauce with a bit of cheese.. I would blend up the meat though in the food processor first though. I also use a lot of protein shakes to help get my protein requirement in. I like the ones from Costco, Premium protein shakes that are ready to drink and they only have 1 gram of sugar in them. They don't taste as bad as the other mixes I have tried. Good luck girl! I so know how it is.

Below is a link the the processor I am talking about in case ou are not sure-

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=11186318

Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone do the 5 day pouch test?
itallica · 1 replies · 932 views
Progress
kearstyn · 12 replies · 1229 views
Calling all September 2009 peeps
Papoose79 · 18 replies · 1784 views