Looking for others who had surgery on the 14th!

(deactivated member)
on 11/10/09 5:10 am - Granite City, IL

Just looking for some others who went through the surgery the same time as I did.

How is everyone doing???

newlisab
on 11/10/09 10:35 am
Hi there Kim!! I had my RYN on the 14th as well- I"m doing awesome...feel completly normal.
The weight is creeping away...some weeks faster than others....starting back to the gym today; so hopefully that will kick things up a notch!!

How are YOU????
Lisa ~ 
262/138
124lbs LOST =post op   size 2-4
-

(deactivated member)
on 11/10/09 9:40 pm - Granite City, IL
I'm doing better these last few weeks than I was...I finally found a protein drink that I can keep down (not having much luck with food) and I've been able to drink enough water! I need to get back to the gym soon so more weight will fall off. I have the same luck as you...some weeks faster than others! 
Kim M.
on 11/11/09 2:09 am - IA
Hello Kim & Lisa!

I had an open RNY plus my gallbladder removed on September 14th.  My surgery was textbook and my recovery went smoothly. 

I lost a lot of weight the first 4 weeks, then it slowed to 1 or 2 pounds a week for a couple of weeks, and now it's 3 to 4 pounds a week.  I am currently down 58 pounds!  

I have twinges of pain here and there, and I really struggle with gas (sorry if TMI), but otherwise I feel good. 

I've been able to eat most anything as long as it's low in sugar and I chew it up really well.  The only thing that has given me trouble has been hamburgers and I think was because they were so greasy.

I have been a member of the Bariatric Buddies group for a few months now.  There is a chat session each Monday night that I normally attend that has been very helpful to me - both before my surgery and after.  If you have some time, check out the group pages.

I would love to hear more about your experiences and to keep in touch as we all go through this journey!  Drop me a line anytime!

Take care!
Kid Krazed Kim

(deactivated member)
on 11/11/09 2:47 am - Granite City, IL
Wow, Kim...you are doing great!  I will check into the Bariatric Buddies group...I've really only gotten into any of these message boards a week or two ago so I'm still feeling my way around! Thanks for the info and keep up the great work! :) 
newlisab
on 11/11/09 7:30 am

Sounds like we are all doing great!!  I too can eat just about anything...although steak just does NOT want to go down...so I have given that up!
I also had my gallbladder removed :<)

Lisa ~ 
262/138
-

(deactivated member)
on 11/11/09 8:05 am - Granite City, IL
I wish they would have removed my gallbladder too! I'm afraid I'm going to end up in the hospital again for that...ugh!
newlisab
on 11/14/09 1:00 am
We all seem to losing about the same amounts..good to know we MUST be doing something right huh??

I have started back to the gym this week...:<)  How are you gals doing?

Any great weekend plans?
I found a recipe for pumpkin pie that only has 52 calories a slice..I will post it later..
Lisa ~ 
262/138
-

(deactivated member)
on 11/15/09 10:15 pm - Granite City, IL
I did pretty good this weekend! Haven't gone back to the gym because I hate it there...but we do have a 1.25 mile track around our local park that I not only speed-walked, but actually JOGGED a little bit of!  Trust me, two months ago...there would have been NO jogging even thought of.

I got a little bit of protein food down last night...but I'm still having tons of trouble eating anything that's supposed to be eaten. No meat products will stay down, and even dairy products I was good with earlier are starting to turn against me! I bought Isopure Plus yesterday to give a try and so far, those are good. 15gms of protein in 8oz and there's not a bad aftertaste like regular Isopure. Of course, I didn't like the $10.99 for 6 bottles...sheesh, I'm no millionaire! If it helps with the protein, though...I can't complain. I also ordered some protein bars made specially for bariatric patients and some soy nuts. I'm getting desperate, lol!

The weight continues to come off. I'm down to 262 today! That's a 53 pound loss from the surgery date! WOOT!! 
newlisab
on 11/20/09 3:29 am
Boy Kim you and I are losing at almost the exact same rate!!
Lisa ~ 
262/138
-

Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone do the 5 day pouch test?
itallica · 1 replies · 932 views
Progress
kearstyn · 12 replies · 1228 views
Calling all September 2009 peeps
Papoose79 · 18 replies · 1784 views