September 2009

(deactivated member)
on 1/16/10 10:23 am
Hello All,

I'm interested in speaking with people who had surgery in September 2009. My surgery date was 9/9/09 and I have lost 60 pounds so far.  I've been at a plateau for about 3-4 weeks now and I'm interested in finding out if anyone else 4 months out has too and if so, how they got over it.

Thanks. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Papoose79
on 1/17/10 9:39 pm - Horn Lake, MS
Hello there!

I noticed a stall when I lost about 24lbs, 44lbs, and now 60lbs and they last for about 2-3 weeks for me. I told my husband it looks like I am losing about 11-15lbs a month and I still haven't taken my measurements which I know are moving as well. So the weeks the scale doesn't move my waist line is so I am not worried. I am not particularly worried about how fast I lose the weight because I know that it is going to go sooner than later and that maybe my excess skin won't be so noticeable.

From past posts that I have read on here they say you can break a stall by changing up your diet ie more protein and maybe more exercise which I haven't done neither but it does seem to work for the others on here. Let me take that back I have noticed the scales move more when I do get more protein in.

Good luck and try not to beat yourself up when you hit a stall......
HW: 284 SW: 273 1st Goal: 200 2nd Goal (PCP): 150 Surgeon's goal 140                          
(deactivated member)
on 1/18/10 8:01 am
Thank you so much for replying. I've increased my protein for the past couple of days just from reading the blogs so I hope to see a change soon. The inches are definately falling off. I was able to fit a pair of size 11 jeans that would not button two weeks ago so something is working. I work out 5 days a week / 3 days with a trainer.

I'm going to try to incorporate more water into my regimine too. It's nice to meet someone who had surgery around the same time as me. I will let you know when I make it over this hurdle. Thanks for your support.
CAnutfarmer
on 1/26/10 5:12 am, edited 1/28/10 8:16 am
Hi,

I had RNY 9/25 so i'm a couple weeks behind you. I hit my first plateau about a month ago. It lasted for 2 weeks and then boom, I dropped 5 lbs in a matter of days. Now I've hit another just 2 weeks later. Everyone that has gone through WLS says not to worry. We are losing inches, so I try to take that to heart. I was also advised to take measurements, since even though the scale may not be moving, we are still losing inches.

Just have faith in the process.
(deactivated member)
on 1/26/10 9:03 am
Thank you. I'm happy to report that I'm no longer at a plateau. I took the advice that was given (more water, protein, etc) and BAM...I'm back on track. YEAHHH!!! BEST OF LUCK TO YOU. It's a fun journey.
CAnutfarmer
on 1/27/10 12:26 am
That's great!  I'm very happy for you. Let's stay in touch.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone do the 5 day pouch test?
itallica · 1 replies · 931 views
Progress
kearstyn · 12 replies · 1227 views
Calling all September 2009 peeps
Papoose79 · 18 replies · 1781 views