Calling all September 2009 peeps

Papoose79
on 1/17/10 9:48 pm - Horn Lake, MS
Just wanted to say hello and to ask how is everyone doing so far? Good or bad how are you feeling inside and outside and what do you think about your surgery experience thus far?

I myself am happy with my progress so far. I know I am reading posts of people that have lost way more weight than I have and I am not worried about it because I had this surgery for me. I think I am doing well with this surgery and couldn't be happier, and I may not post that often but I am on this site daily lurking; so please if you have time post your experiences because new people out there are counting on our expertise!

Good day all!!
HW: 284 SW: 273 1st Goal: 200 2nd Goal (PCP): 150 Surgeon's goal 140                          
(deactivated member)
on 1/18/10 8:13 am
My decision to have surgery was one of the best decisions I have ever made. My blood pressure has decreased, my knees no longer hurt, and I'm FULL OF ENERGY. Before surgery I never wanted to leave the house. Now I never want to be in the house. Even though it's discouraged I absolutely LOVE SHOPPING. That's all I want to do is shop, shop, shop.  Prior to surgery I wore a size 18 but was pushing size 20 because my 18's were tight. Today I wear a size 11/12.

I've been at a plateau for about 3-4 weeks now and I was starting to get a little discouraged but I know that it will fall off eventually. I hired a personal trainer and I work out 5 days a week. This surgery has given me a new lease on life and I'm so thankful. I will not go back down that road again. I refuse too. Your story gives me hope. To see that your mom has kept it off this long and has only flucuated 10 pounds is AWESOME. I love hearing stories like that.

CAnutfarmer
on 1/26/10 5:03 am

Hello, I had RNY on Sep 25, 2009 and am doing well. I've had no complications so far other than some mood swings. I started feeling more "normal" and having more energy around the 6wk post-op mark. My weight loss has been great so far, 65 lbs to date. I started at 247 and am now teetering around 182. I've also hit a couple stalls as stated in a few other  peoples posts,  must be our bodies way of trying to play catch up with the fast weight loss. I get some type of exercise in daily for 30 minutes.

Am definitely past the buyers remorse stage!!! Enjoying the everchanging new me    : )

sandykamiott
on 2/2/10 3:42 am - Miami, OK
I feel like I am doing good.  I may not have lost as much as some of the other people on here but I am happy with what I have lost.  I feel great for the most part.  Sometimes I think I am a little more tired than I should be but I blame it on working too much.  I still don't chew as well as I should and I know that so that is what I have to work on and definately exercise.  I hardly do that at all.  I may get over my stall faster if I do.  Glad everyone is doing well.

c_sensat
on 2/8/10 9:51 am

I am very happy with my surgery.  I started at 287 pounds and now I weigh 212.  My surgery date was 9/1/02 so I've lost 75 in just a little over 5 months.  The only thing that's bothering me is that my hair is starting to fall out more than usual.  I love my hair so this is really upsetting me.  I'm not losing big patches (thank God!) but I'm getting a lot in my comb every morning.  Anyone who has any tips on how to keep this from happening (maybe it's too late!) or any words of encouragement (like maybe it will come back!) I would greatly appreciate it.

Christy Sensat

swedey
on 6/1/10 2:24 am - Sault Sainte Marie, MI

I'm a very new member so you may have already received a response to your question...my dietician suggested I take Biotin when my hair loss exceeded what was 'normal'. I bought the Spring Valley brand at WalMart, 150 tabs for $4. The recommended dose is 1-5 tabs per day. I've been taking 4, 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening and it has helped. Check w/ your nutrionist, dietician to see if this would be something they'd recommend for you.  It took about 3 months for me to see new growth.

L B.
on 2/10/10 8:58 pm
I had surgery September 1st and I am so very happy with my weight loss so far. I am in a stall right now, but I don't even care!
ItsMoiRach
on 3/18/10 5:00 am - Aurora, CO
Hi all !!

Congrats so far to those that have posted and those that will post!

I am down 111 lbs as of today.  I started at 374 and am now 262.    I am in sort of a stall and hope it will go away soon!

francesdagrt
on 6/15/10 9:02 am - Sylmar, CA
Hello!  I had my surgery on September 1, 2009.  I have NO regrets.  I started off at 210 and weigh 123.   I've lost a total of 87 lbs.   I have been at this same weight for 2-3 weeks now but I'm very happy and have lots of energy!!!    Started off wearing a size 16 now I'm down to a size 7.  I want to post pictures but I'm having problems posting them.  I haven't really had any problems, just with meat.  But I have learned to adapt.  
kasshe1437
on 6/23/10 2:40 am, edited 6/23/10 2:42 am - GA
Hello I had my surgery 9/1/09 and I weighted 338 I now weight 225 so as of now I have lost a little over 100 pounds. I could have lost more but I have started to slack off on my exercise which is not good but, I will start back. I would not change this for the life of me. I am so happy now I use to wear a size 32 I now wear a size 18 to 20 not where I want to be but better than where I was. I have a new respect for life and I try now to live it to the fullest. So to anyone who is thinking about doing it all I have to say is GO FOR IT it will be one of the best decisions you will ever make.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone do the 5 day pouch test?
itallica · 1 replies · 935 views
Progress
kearstyn · 12 replies · 1231 views
Calling all September 2009 peeps
Papoose79 · 18 replies · 1786 views