New and just got date !

BelieveNH
on 7/20/10 12:21 pm
Hi,

I am having RNY on 9/13/10 at Winchester Hospital and am beyond nervous.  Can anyone offer any ideas as to how to deal w/the fear of having this surgery?  Whats working for you??

Also,  I am having no luck at finding protein drinks I can tolerate.  If anyone has any suggestions that would be a big help !!

Thanks !

All things are possible when you believe        
piperboo1
on 7/27/10 7:44 am
Woo Hoo!
I just got mine scheduled too - 9/15/10 - Lap Band.
So excited!

As far as protien, I have just been buying ones that match as close as possible to the bariatric advantage, and blending them with stuff like peanut butter and frozen peaches.
I don't know the ins and outs of the stages and what you can add to a shake at what stage, but I suppose I will figure that out.
pcannedy
on 7/29/10 2:05 pm - Sacramento, CA
Hello,

I am having a sleeve on 9/7, and I am a little nervous.  thought to postpone, but no way.  I want to be thin for the first tim e in my life.

I have not found a liquid protein either.

Than
Lynn C
on 8/20/10 5:17 am
Hey!! Hi - I'm being converted from band to sleeve on 9/7 in Boston

Lynn C ~
Banded 9/12/2005 ~ Revision to VSG on 9/7/2010 ~ Losing again with a Keto lifestyle

Suite1
on 8/9/10 1:13 pm - Dayton, OH
I am having RNY on 9/14/10 at Miami Valley Hospital in Dayton.  My friend mentoring me through the process has said I will second guess the decision until the minute they put me under.

There are times I think I should just try yet another diet & exercise plan.  I set two goals with my nutritionist - to chew more thoroughly and to stop skipping meals.  I added a third, to try not to drink so much during meals with the ultimate goal not drinking at all during.  I lost 10.5 lbs in two weeks without changing anything else.  Then this weekend I had my drunken lush buddies (kidding) in town and we ate & drank all weeked - lots of carbs!  I put on 8.5# over the weekend and remembered this is exactly why I need to have the surgery. 

I want my life back. 
HW:  280  SW:  262.5  CW:  150
  GOAL!!!!   One week shy of my surgiversary!

LBL, TT, BA on 3/2/12 - Dr William Rigano  

xJoellex
on 8/11/10 4:24 pm - Belcourt, ND
Hi,

First of all, congrats on your surgery date! Mine is 9/20/10 and right now, all I can feel is happy for finally getting a date. It's been a very long journey! =)

I've never had surgery for anything in my life...so I'm pretty sure I'll be nervous the closer I get to my surgery day. My sister had surgery just over a month ago & she's already feeling great, has more energy, is more happy & I just keep telling myself, that I cannot wait for that. I want to be there too. I'm tired of this life of not ever feeling good because of my obesity. I can do this! Honestly, from watching her go through this, I can say that the first week isn't the greatest. I hate to scare anyone...but the first week is usually called "Hell week." Haha. There are times my sister said she even regretted it during the first week. But I keep thinking...what's one week compared to a lifetime of this. You know? Now she says she wouldn't change it for the world & the only thing she regrets now is not getting the surgery done earlier.

Anyway, about the protein...I'm on the same boat here. I cannot tolerate the protein drinks but I drink them anyway because I know I have to. I use strawberry flavored protein & mix it with 100% orange juice. I'm just scared I won't be able to handle the orange juice after surgery so I'm trying to find other ways to use it. I'm sure there are all kinds of recipes here on OH & throughout the internet on other ways to use the protein though.

Good luck! =)
♥ Joelle ♥
SW: 335
CW: 210
GW & Surgeon's GW: 160
Rides4me
on 8/12/10 8:23 am - Atlanta, GA
Mine is on the 13th as well.  My doc gave me samples of Unjury- chicken broth, chocolate and strawberry.  I was told to order two containers.  I plan to mix strawberry with lemonade chrystal light and chocolate with skim milk. 

SW 301/CW 205/GW 150 
gallbladder removal and hernia repair 6/3/2011
LOUSANNA
on 8/19/10 6:44 am - CT
 HI MY SURGERY IS  ON THE 23  GOOD LUCK ON YOURS WELL FOR PROTEIN SHAKE I BUYING THE ONES FROM ALDI THE BRAND IS FIT AND ACTIVE I LIKE THEM BETTER THEN THE OTHERS   AND TRY TO DRINK THEM THE COLDEST POSSIBLE THAT HELPS A LOT
ChristArtist
on 8/21/10 5:20 am
Hi, I don't have a date yet, but we think it will be before the end of September...unless the insurance comes back with "oh yeah, we didn't tell you about...."

Anyway - I have been doing protein stuff for a long time, since I have been Insulin Resistent and need to have protein at every diet.

I was wondering what the level of protein is for a protein shake?

I use an egg white protein...doesn't have much flavor at all.
In His hands and under His wings,
~ Christi
Ps 63:7 "Because You are my help, I sing in the shadow of Your Wings."
Most Active
Recent Topics
WHERE ARE THE SEPT 2010 AT
unknownbeauty · 0 replies · 825 views
2 year surgaversy
Cecelia B. · 3 replies · 1046 views
How is everybody doing?
DeterminedE · 0 replies · 1208 views
Goals met