Protein/Supplement schedule

Kittygrl9
on 8/15/10 11:45 pm - Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Hi!  New here and expecting surgery in mid to late September.  I'm wondering if anyone has a good "schedule" of how and when to take protein and supplements over the first month.  I'm sure my surgeon will tell me, but I'd like to start practicing getting everything in that way.  Suggestions for favorite items/tips etc... will be much appreciated.

lasolas
on 9/9/10 2:31 pm
RNY on 09/27/10 with
Hi - I'm having an RNY on Sept 27 and I'm also trying to figure out a schedule for both my days home after surgery as well as my days back at work post-surg. Have you figured out a plan? I've got one roughed out, but am just now trying to zero in on timing issues about Calcium, vitamin D, Iron, and vitamin C, dairy, & water --- as well as all the rest of the supps and vits. At least, folks I trust have informed me that it's a myth that I must take only 30 g of protien at one sitting b/c more than 30 won't be absorbed. They said one can take more and it will be absorbed. --- I really need schedules or I'll just forget to take all this stuff. I rely on alarms. Just bought a little travel clock, a timer/wris****ch, and a few teacher's timers this past weekend to help (and now I have to figure out how to use them). :P 

Kittygrl9
on 9/15/10 11:37 pm - Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Hi!  I still don't have a schedule...I've decided to just press my surgeon for one when i'm in the hospital.   Surely they must give us something to follow.  There are just too many contradictions otherwise.  I have learned that you can't mix calcium and iron at the same time or they'll cancel eachother out...
Most Active
Recent Topics
WHERE ARE THE SEPT 2010 AT
unknownbeauty · 0 replies · 828 views
2 year surgaversy
Cecelia B. · 3 replies · 1051 views
How is everybody doing?
DeterminedE · 0 replies · 1213 views
Goals met
Valarie R. · 0 replies · 835 views
Happy Surgerversary
msroro · 1 replies · 966 views