September 20th!

Sara H.
on 9/1/10 12:26 am - Champaign, IL
Coming up sooooo fast. I've been eating horribly lately! I know it's the oh-my-gosh-surgery-is-coming-MUST-eat-everything-I-can-while-I-still-can. I didn't think I'd fall into this trap...but I have.

I have my pre-op testing on Monday. I am NOT looking forward to the upper GI.

I'm just a ball of various emotions. Ick.

bridget B.
on 9/1/10 1:17 am
I know what you mean about the emotions Sara!  From everything I've read it's normal...but that doesn't make it any easier either..I know...  I'm excited for you having your surgery.  As far as the eating thing...well...do you have to do a preop diet??  I'm not really required to...just cl liq the day before.  I've been on a 'diet' for 6 months adn hopefully with the weight I've lost my liver has shrunk ;-)  I can understand wanting to get 'your last meal' in while you can.  I know I'll go out and one nice meal preop...probably a steak ;-)
Don't forget you are in my prayers!
bb

Bridget Fortune Burns

Beth L.
on 9/2/10 1:42 pm - Indianapolis, IN
Hi Sarah - my surgery got moved and it is a week after yours now. :) The upper GI thing isn't too bad. Yes, it tastes gross, but it goes fast.

I had a bad eating day today and know exactly how you feel about "getting the last meal". Just remember tomorrow is another day (and the rest of the current day is not a total loss) and you have every opportunity to do better.

*HUG*

Beth
Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil. - Jerry Garcia

DeterminedE
on 1/11/12 1:59 am
I had mine the same day.  How are you all doing now?
BelieveNH
on 9/6/10 11:13 pm
I am the same date as you !  9/20 RNY.  I must say I too have fallen into that trap. Now, I have to really stick to this liquid pre op diet and get off as much weight as I can.  They wanted me to lose 15. I hope I can do it.  I am a wreck also, second guessing myself, making myself sick over it.   I really need this surgery and need to cope with my insecurities !  Good luck to you on the 20th !
All things are possible when you believe        
Most Active
Recent Topics
WHERE ARE THE SEPT 2010 AT
unknownbeauty · 0 replies · 826 views
2 year surgaversy
Cecelia B. · 3 replies · 1048 views
How is everybody doing?
DeterminedE · 0 replies · 1211 views
Goals met
Valarie R. · 0 replies · 833 views
Happy Surgerversary