September 10th-HELP

blondewahine
on 9/6/10 2:32 am - Akron, OH
Surgery is this friday, 9/10! After so many years of working towards this I'm finally here.

I have some mixed feelings right now.

I'm nervous for surgery...I'm always nervous about surgery, because there are no guarantees.

I'm afraid of failure...and I'm off to a bad start. I'm on a 2wk pre-op liquid diet and the past 4 days I haven't been sticking to it. I did great the first 5 days...and then I decided I wanted to eat real food. I'm not sure what my surgeon is going to say. Overall I've lost weight. But, compared to last weigh-in I've gained. Not sure what he will say about that either.  This is what I didn't want to do. Does this mean I'm going to be a failure?

BLAH!
BlondeWahine (http://weightingtohappen.blogspot.com)
Height: 5'4" / Starting Weight: 315 lbs / Current Weight: 254 lbs / Goal Weight:150 lbs
Current Surgery Status:  Approved on 7/13/2010!
Surgery Date: 9/10/2010

KimB826
on 9/6/10 4:02 pm - AZ
My surgery is in the morning...I feel exactly the same way as you  I am excited but nervous.  I have never been this nervous about a surgery though, i think I am because this is a life changing surgery.

I did the 2 week preop diet as well, it is tough to do.  Keep your spirits up, you wont fail!

Take care & good luck on Friday!!!!! 

mareismyluv
on 9/7/10 12:58 am - Jacksonville, FL
VSG on 09/10/10 with
Hey Blondie,

I will be sleeved on Friday as well, and I am in the same boat as you are. I did not do well on my two-week diet and I go today for pre-op. I went to Mexico three weeks ago and I ate and drank like there was no tomorrow, so I gained since the last time I met with the surgeon. Don't worry though, just keep strong and know that you will be a success!

Be the change you want to see in the world...Gandhi.

GinaG816
on 9/8/10 1:15 pm - Holyoke, MA
I am definitely feeling the same way about surgery as the rest of you.  I was approved for surgery just this past Tuesday and already my surgery is happening on Friday.  I definitely was not expecting this to happen so quickly after the approval from my insurance company.  I have been working on everything since May though, so I knew it was coming.  Started full liquids today and it is so strange.  I want to eat real food!!!  I am committed to this though!  :)
blondewahine
on 9/8/10 2:30 pm - Akron, OH

Well, I'm feeling a little better after hearing from a lot of people her on OH. Everyone is so positive and supportive...I needed that.

I'm all done with my pre-op appointments, and surgery is in two days! I didn't gain too much weight...5 lbs. It's sad that it's a gain when it should have been a 10 lbs loss (minimum), but it isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Nobody on the bariatric team mentioned anything about the gain. Nobody asked about how my pre-op diet went. Everything was about getting ready for surgery. WHEW!

I feel ready. There are some nerves and some excitement. I still can't believe it's only a day away!

Good luck everyone!
BlondeWahine (http://weightingtohappen.blogspot.com)
Height: 5'4" / Starting Weight: 315 lbs / Current Weight: 254 lbs / Goal Weight:150 lbs
Current Surgery Status:  Approved on 7/13/2010!
Surgery Date: 9/10/2010

Cindy K.
on 9/28/10 1:58 pm - Seattle, WA
I also had my RNY on 9-10-10. I did pretty well on pre-surgery diet. Surgeon was please with my shrivaled liver!  I also do not like protein drinks.  I had problems drinking water due to swollen esophagus from surgery.  I was kept an extra day in the hospital but set a new record for walking laps of the floor.  I also had to have a gastronomy tube due to slow emptying stomach.

Yesterday I was able to start on soft foods.  It is going pretty well even though I pulled the stomach muscles to the left of the surgery site last week.  I am going to the Y to ride the exercise bike every day and will start the weight machines as soon as the surgeon says it is ok.  I have one more week off from work and all this regimented protein and water all day is driving me crazy.  I am having trouble eating as much as the surgeon wants me to but I keep trying.

I have lost the surgery weight gain and about 9 pounds as of today from weight on day of surgery.

How are you doing now after surgery?  I am doing pretty good.  I feel good.

cindy
Most Active
Recent Topics
WHERE ARE THE SEPT 2010 AT
unknownbeauty · 0 replies · 825 views
2 year surgaversy
Cecelia B. · 3 replies · 1046 views
How is everybody doing?
DeterminedE · 0 replies · 1208 views
Goals met
Valarie R. · 0 replies · 832 views
Happy Surgerversary