How's everyone doing?

Carebearny1999
on 10/25/10 6:29 am - Rochester, NY
5 weeks tomorrow for me.  Weight has been slow to come off since 20 of it flew off in the 2 week pre-op liquid diet!  Next week I'll advance to "soft" foods--can't wait!!  Kinda already been doing that 'cause I refuse to puree meats...  The incision that had the JP drain still isn't healed, and honestly I think it's infected.  I went last week for a wound check because I was worried.  They said yes, it's infected but not bad enough for antibiotics?!  I'd better not need them next week!

greysmom
on 10/25/10 10:47 am
thought I'd post over here and see if we can get this thread going ;>)

HW 401/SDW 385/CW 247
Jewel_in_hiding
on 10/30/10 11:05 am - Raleigh, NC
I'm glad you had your incision checked. I hope you won't need the anitbiotics either.

I am 7 weeks out and things are going good. I feel I am also a "slow" loser as I am only down 36 lbs since surgery (I went 3 weeks with no loss). However, I am down 2 pant sizes so at least I am moving in the right direction.  I keep looking at the perspective my surgeon has in that I have lost 40% of the excess weight that she wants me to lose since my initial consultation with her. I worked hard for the pre-op loss so I definately count it

My diet has progressed to lean meat and fruits/vegetables. It was so nice to be able to eat the veggies.   All my incisions have been healed so I have begun working out (other than my walking) with a trainer through the hospital P.T. center. It definately has been an eye opener.

Enjoy your "soft" foods next week. It will be a nice change for you.
thinwithin092010
on 11/11/10 9:48 pm - OH
 You have lost more then me and we had surgery i think on the same day .I didn't have a pre surgery diet and very little liquid time however. Definitely stay on top of the doctor about an infection though. My son had surgery when he was 2 and they said the same thing to him until he was hospitalized for a staph infection that almost killed him. Be safe and stay vigilant 

Carebearny1999
on 11/11/10 11:11 pm - Rochester, NY
It's all healed over well now, thanks!  They've labeled me a "slow loser" since 20 of mine was pre-op.  But slow and steady wins the race, right?!

Most Active
Recent Topics
WHERE ARE THE SEPT 2010 AT
unknownbeauty · 0 replies · 827 views
2 year surgaversy
Cecelia B. · 3 replies · 1050 views
How is everybody doing?
DeterminedE · 0 replies · 1213 views
Goals met
Valarie R. · 0 replies · 834 views
Happy Surgerversary
msroro · 1 replies · 965 views