2 year surgaversy

Cecelia B.
on 9/4/12 9:20 am - St Louis, MO
Yesterday was my 2 year anniversary and I must say...I let it pass without notice.  I actually thought it was tomorrow.  I have not lost ANY additional weight since my one year, but I have maintained the 178 lbs I had lost in that first year.  I still have arthritis in my knees and am awaiting knee replacement surgery so I can exercise more and better.  I do, however, love my life at 200 lbs so much more than my life at 385+ lbs.  I am so much better in so many ways, bloodwork last week says all is well internally.  My diabetes is gone, my sleep apnea is gone, my HBP is gone, my meds are gone.  I only take pain pills and a water pill. I do still have lymphedema in my right leg.

I am gaining more energy and looking for work now. I have lots of friends, new activities and interesting things to do.  I would still like to get another 20-30 lbs off, but I can live with this until things turn around ( I want a tummy reduction and knee surgery but no money right now for those things.)  My md did tell me my LDL was "borderline" and to cut back on cheese, which I substitued for meats alot.  I can eat anything, but solid meat (beef, pork or chiken does not go down easliy and sits heavy in my tummy.  I do not like that feeling much.)  Anyway life is good.

I still am so much happier, and my experience, though it may not have included the pound number I was striving for yet, is wonderful.  I had ups and downs, but I have not regretted the decision to improve my health, improve my life and improve my spiritual journey with more honesty then ever before.  It can be an emotional ride, a frustrating ride, and a tedious ride, but so was morbid obesity.  And the morbid obesity disease was depressing, lonely, sad and isolating.  The journey is so much more than the number on a scale, it is a journey to happiness,and self acceptance.  I am blessed to be able to have this journey.  thanks to all who helped along the way so far.  

Starting wt. March/ 2010  385lbs
Surgery wt.  Sept/2010     322lbs
Current wt.  Sept/2013     204lbs

Jewel_in_hiding
on 9/7/12 6:57 pm - Raleigh, NC
 Happy Anniversay!!   Today was 2 years for me.  I have lost a little since my 1 year Anniversay. Like you, I am enjoying my 205 lbs over my initial weight of 389.  Life is so much better.  Even though I am not at my goal and would LOVE to lose another 30 lbs, I am about to start my plastics (surgery in Nov 7th) . I am starting with my arms and chest (my arms flaps are huge and really bother me). 

Good luck on your knee replacement surgery.  It will definately help. 
Top is my progress, Bottom is to Surgeon's Goal

Cecelia B.
on 9/8/12 2:43 pm - St Louis, MO
 Thanks for the heartfelt sentiments.  I wish you the best in your journey.

Starting wt. March/ 2010  385lbs
Surgery wt.  Sept/2010     322lbs
Current wt.  Sept/2013     204lbs

exohexoh
on 10/17/12 5:24 am - West Chester, PA
 great job! i didn't hit my goal either. i bottomed out at 148 (i'm 5'0" so that was just making the "overweight" category), and settled back around 155-160. i would still like to lose another 20-30, but i'm maintaining easily here, but even playing around with calories and working out 5+ times a week i maintained, so i think this is just where my body wants to be.

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

Most Active
Recent Topics
WHERE ARE THE SEPT 2010 AT
unknownbeauty · 0 replies · 827 views
2 year surgaversy
Cecelia B. · 3 replies · 1050 views
How is everybody doing?
DeterminedE · 0 replies · 1213 views
Goals met
Valarie R. · 0 replies · 834 views
Happy Surgerversary
msroro · 1 replies · 965 views