Recent Posts

Suite1
on 8/9/10 1:08 pm - Dayton, OH
Topic: RE: Juarez Sept 14-17 anyone?

I'm having RNY done on 9/14 but in Dayton, OH.   Let's send good vibes each other's way!

HW:  280  SW:  262.5  CW:  150
  GOAL!!!!   One week shy of my surgiversary!

LBL, TT, BA on 3/2/12 - Dr William Rigano  

Suite1
on 8/9/10 1:07 pm - Dayton, OH
Topic: RE: My Surgery is set for September 24th
Mine is on 9/14.   Am sooooooo ready!

Suite1
on 8/9/10 1:04 pm - Dayton, OH
Topic: RE: September is my tentative date
RNY on 9/14 with Dr Maguire in Dayton at Miami Valley Hospital.   Five weeks from tomorrow - not that I'm counting!!

Want it to be tomorrow but don't want to wish away what's left of summer either.  Good luck all!

Suite1
on 8/9/10 1:01 pm - Dayton, OH
Topic: RE: my surgery sept 13th but cant decide wether sleeve or bypass is best?
My surgeon said pretty much the same thing.  He said the younger guys in his practice do a lot of the sleeve surgeries because it's the latest greatest thing and they consider it to be cutting edge.  My surgeon just isn't comfortable with the lack of long term data and believes the RNY has a greater long term success rate.

My friend who is mentoring me through the process had RNY 8 years ago last month and has kept off 110 of the 130 lbs she lost.   Her bloodwork comes back normal every month, she takes her vitamins daily and has had no problems.

I'm having the RNY on 9/14.  Want it to come faster but I hate to wish away the summer.

Good luck!

(deactivated member)
on 8/7/10 3:02 pm
Topic: RE: my surgery sept 13th but cant decide wether sleeve or bypass is best?
 Mmmmm KitKats....such a simple pleasure...LOL  I too believe the RNY is the right surgery for me.  I have my apprehensions but as my surgery date gets closer (Sept. 28th) the more comfortable I am with my whole decision.  I'm looking forward to regaining my life, one pound at a time.   All the best with your surgery.
twincredible
on 8/7/10 1:41 pm
Hi, everyone!   This is my first post.  I am eagerly looking forward to my surgery date of Sept. 27th for RNY.  I am so ready to begin the rest of my HEALTHY life!  Best wishes for health and success to all of you!

Melissa
Jojeki
on 8/7/10 3:55 am - Fall River, MA
My 25th anniversay was in July and we talked about doing another cruise to celebrate but i decided to hold off until next year so that my weight would be down and I would enjoy it more.
Jojeki
on 8/7/10 3:54 am - Fall River, MA
I am interested in finding a local group too.  I am located in Fall River, MA
Jojeki
on 8/7/10 3:53 am - Fall River, MA
Melody272
on 8/5/10 12:37 am - Miami, FL
Hi Helen and thanks for the info, I did not know this !! ... I wanted to do the RNY from the begining cause I believe in doing things right the first time, and the other methods dont really have as high sucess rate as the RNY, plus I was afraid of cheating with the kitkats that I love so much. :) I'm scheduled for my bypass on December, ah I cant wait :)
Most Active
Recent Topics
WHERE ARE THE SEPT 2010 AT
unknownbeauty · 0 replies · 825 views
2 year surgaversy
Cecelia B. · 3 replies · 1046 views
How is everybody doing?
DeterminedE · 0 replies · 1208 views
Goals met
Valarie R. · 0 replies · 832 views
Happy Surgerversary
msroro · 1 replies · 962 views