Sept 6th...

cedarstar
on 8/15/11 2:07 pm - Manitoba, Canada
I will be having my RNY on Sept 6th. I had really wanted the VSG but due to digestive problems my surgeon does not feel it is safe choice.

I have my pre-op at the hospital on Aug 22nd and start my 2 week liquid MediTrim diet on Aug 23rd. I have only told a very few close friends and my daughter what type of surgery I will be having. All others think it is my other digestive problems I'm going in for. That surgery will be done at a later date. 

The closer I get to my surgery date the more nervous and scared I am getting. I never thought that I would feel this way but I am. I think I have been reading too much! :)

hw-251

sw-225

surgeon's goal-170

my goal-135

(deactivated member)
on 8/15/11 10:37 pm - RI
Good Luck Debbie... we are one day apart!!!

Don't be scared... that's normal...but you will be just fine!
mswan66
on 8/19/11 11:26 am - Northwest, OH

Our stories are very similar.  I too cannot have the the VSG because of GERD and a hiatal hernia. 

My pre-op testing is 8/24.  I have only shared what I am doing with those on a need to know basis as well and all others are told the hernia is finally being repaired (my hernia is being repaired at the same time I have the RNY). 

I am not nervous....yet!

Michele
5'ft 4in   RNY 9/14/11
254 HW / 223.5 CW / 135 GW

cedarstar
on 8/25/11 4:47 am - Manitoba, Canada
Thank-you so much for the support. I am feeling more relaxed after my pre-op at the hospital and talking with the anesthesiologist.

I've told others the same thing, hernia repair. :) I do wish he would repair it while in there but the dr hasn't mentioned it. I also have other digestive problems needing to be fixed.

Good luck with your surgery Kaila! My thoughts and prayers are with you!

Debbie

hw-251

sw-225

surgeon's goal-170

my goal-135

true2me.2011
on 8/28/11 6:30 am - OH
Wonderful News!  If you are starting to get scared this is a good sign.  You are scared to let go of all of the fears you have held on to for a long time.  It is scary when you do not know what new trials and triumphs you are going to create following the surgery. 

Best wishes!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
6 months update
nicole T. · 4 replies · 1106 views
Any other September stallers?
SafetyTurtle · 11 replies · 1521 views
Had surgery on sept 21
nicole T. · 2 replies · 1165 views
September 22
ddedmon · 2 replies · 1128 views