Recent Posts

littlewitch1973
on 3/24/12 6:03 am - NY
Topic: RE: 6 months update
 Hi Sonya...

I have lost a total of 110 lbs, 93 of that since surgery. I am stuck in a stall, but I know it will pass - I have lost 11 inches in the last month, and not lost a single pound, lol... I have gone from a size 38 to a 24 in that six months!! 

How are you progressing?

nicole T.
on 3/23/12 10:59 am
Topic: 6 months update
Since we all reached our 6 month points..just wanted everyone to share their experience, weight loss and other progress made....I have lost 73 lb down from 309 to 236 I'm so excited to lose more

Renee2be
on 3/17/12 9:39 pm - NC
Topic: RE: Any other September stallers?
Me to!!!!  Had a stall in december january 205 dropped to 195 stalled again,  just broke.....191  i cant take losing 10 then stall for 3 weeks thats crazy.
realbright
on 2/29/12 10:31 am
Thank you! You have given me the motivation I needed to get back on track.
Maria 
Pittsburgh, PA 
SafetyTurtle
on 2/29/12 9:25 am, edited 2/28/12 9:25 pm - Cincinnati, OH
Do you have any snacks? Protein shakes? I think the problem is not eating enough or not eating often enough, and if you're physically able to, get some exercise in every day.

This is what I do, and I'm losing at a good rate.

M-F (workout days)
8AM Protein Shake
9AM Yogurt & Vitamins, small serving of Fruit
12PM Protein Bar & Calcium
1PM Lunch: 2-4oz lean protein (usually pork), 2oz cheese
3PM Protein Shake
5PM Dinner: 2-4oz lean protein, 2oz steamed veggies, 1oz cheese & Calcium
7PM Cheese stick (sometimes)
9PM SF jello or pudding & Vitamins

I aim for 110+ grams of protein, and under 1500 calories on these days. I work at balancing my food to get at least 40% of my calories from protein, no more than 30% from fat and no more than 30% from carbs. I use FatSecret on my phone (Android) and the website, www.fatsecret.com. It breaks everything down for me and has a barcode scanner so I can just scan things instead of looking them up. I can also add and save my own recipes on it.

S-S I don't do formal workouts, more like dog park, water park with my stepdaugther, walking around big box stores, etc. It usually looks like this:
9AM Protein Shake, Yogurt & Vitamins
12PM Lunch: 2oz lean protein (usually pork), 2oz cheese, Calcium
3PM Cheese stick w/piece of deli meat around it
5PM Dinner: 2-4oz lean protein, 2oz steamed veggies, 1oz cheese & Calcium
8PM SF jello or pudding & Vitamins

I aim for 80+ grams of protein, and less than 1200 calories on the weekends.

M-F I weight lift for 15 minutes minimum, and swim laps for 45 minutes minimum.

It's really finding a rhythm and method that works for you, and being 100% consistent with it at the beginning. I pack my food every day in a cooler that just goes everywhere with me. Now that I'm further out and know more about what things have in them nutrition wise, I can eat out here & there or have a treat like popcorn or some low sugar ice cream once a week or so, and I just balance it out elsewhere in the day with an extra walk or something. I also keep high protein snacks in the house, like meat and cheese and Greek yogurt. They're my go-to foods for head-hungry days. I have yet to have a physical hunger day.

My metabolism has really kicked into gear since I started eating like this. The carbs (fruit & protein bar) are scheduled directly before & after my workouts, which helps a lot I think.

Gina :~)
realbright
on 2/29/12 5:17 am
Thank you so much for writing me back! I don't keep a tracker of what I eat, and maybe I should start. I usually have that Kashi high protein cereal or eggs for breakfast. For lunch I have grilled chicken or a cup of soup, and dinner either chicken, fish or turkey burger (no bun). As far as exercise I try to walk at least 3 times a week. I think I need to go more or at a faster pace. Any kind of diet recommendations and workout regimens you could give me will be greatly appreciated.
Maria 
Pittsburgh, PA 
SafetyTurtle
on 2/29/12 2:56 am - Cincinnati, OH
How and what are you eating?  Do you track your food?

What kind of exercise are you doing?

I have a very regimented eating plan, and it is higher calories than I ever thought I would eat again...1400 on workout days, 1200 on non-workout days.  I average 4.6 lbs a week lost, and that's including this most recent stall, which finally broke last week, and the normal 3 weeks out stall that lasted 2 weeks.  Really, I lose 5-7 lbs a week.  When I don't right and on schedule, and if I don't track my food, it becomes easier to stray.

realbright
on 2/22/12 1:06 am
I am so sick of being stuck at 68-69 lbs. I had surgery September 6, and I'm exercising and trying to get all my protein in but I'm just not moving and I still have a good 80 to go. I just feel like I'm not going to lose any more. Please someone give me some help!!!!!
Maria 
Pittsburgh, PA 
obreezes
on 2/9/12 8:47 am
Yeah, it really stinks. Makes me feel like I need to start a new diet, but I didn't have this surgery so I could "diet"! Ugh. Patience is a virtue. LOL
SafetyTurtle
on 2/9/12 8:14 am - Cincinnati, OH
Ugh!  Doesn't it just suck?  

And, although I'd LOVE to see a huge scale drop on Monday, now the PMS has started, so bring on the damn bloating.  Sigh.  Guess it'll be another 2 weeks.  Maybe the scale will move then.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
6 months update
nicole T. · 4 replies · 1099 views
Any other September stallers?
SafetyTurtle · 11 replies · 1511 views
Had surgery on sept 21
nicole T. · 2 replies · 1161 views
September 22
ddedmon · 2 replies · 1120 views