Recent Posts

obreezes
on 2/9/12 6:48 am
Topic: RE: Any other September stallers?
Big time stall here! It's been a month since I've lost any weight and it is driving me crazy to say the least! The one good thing is I've lost 5 inches since my stall started...not sure how but I did. But for some reason, the no weight loss thing is still getting to me.
SafetyTurtle
on 2/7/12 9:41 pm, edited 2/7/12 9:42 pm - Cincinnati, OH
I'm a weekly (on Monday) weigher, but damn if this stall doesn't make me want to get on the scale everytime I eat, drink, poo or pee!  No matter what tho...it's always at 299 or 300!  What a mind f*ck it is!  I just stay out of our home office, since that's where the scale is and if I see it, I'm on it...how different things are...6 months ago I would beg the doctor not to make me get on the scale, now it's all I want to do!  I just went through my last 4 weeks in my food and exercise journal (I use FatSecret, on my phone and on the computer), and I've got a 2000+ calorie deficit every single day (calories in vs calories burned), so mathematically that should be oodles of weight lost.  I think 300 is just a sticking point...when I was gaining all this weight, I stayed 295-305 for a long time, so I guess it'll hang out there for a while going down, too.  When I'm swimming, I usually think about how every lap is a little more of me gone, but this week it's been every lap is a flipping waste of my damn time, and I hate thinking like that...but I'm still exercising so no worries.  I just have to get out of this negative thinking process.

Gina :~)
Bulldogg7
on 2/7/12 10:28 am - MI
Not a stall, but the weekly weight loss has significantly slowed down over the past month.  The thing that works best for me is to hide the scale for a week.  I would constantly weigh myself (at least two times a day) and it was affecting my day / eating habits.  Stick to your plan, and then hop on the scale at the end of the week.

Hope this helps!
Chris

SafetyTurtle
on 2/6/12 10:57 pm - Cincinnati, OH
Topic: Any other September stallers?
I've seen 2 other people on here who had surgery the same time I did and are also stalled.  The scale has been bouncing back and forth between 299 & 300 since January 18th.  I'm starting to have a hard time coping with it.  Anyone else?

Gina :~)
Nts0906
on 1/22/12 1:00 pm
Topic: RE: Had surgery on sept 21
  Hi I just read your post. I had surgery sept. 19  and have lost about 70 lbs. I do have a tough time eating some things. Have gotten food stuck a couple of time. I hate that. But overall I am thrilled . How much have you lost. Are you getting all your protein and water in? 
ddedmon
on 1/18/12 10:12 am - FL
Topic: RE: September 22
 Sounds good to me. I've lost about 22 pounds so far, have another 50 or so to go.
lane_39
on 1/18/12 6:46 am
Topic: RE: September 22
hi i had my surgery the same day so i thought we could keep in contact sence we are going for our goal the same time im new to this so i really don't know how to talk to people or talk in groups if u can help i would appreciate it thanks
Nts0906
on 1/16/12 12:25 pm
Topic: RE: Sept surgeries
 Dear Girl ,
Just saw your post and wonder how the weight loss is for you now. I had RNY on 9/19. Since then I have lost 70 lbs. I feel so much better but I seem to be able to eat more and that worries me. Did I stretch my stomach? I struggle to get all the water in. 
Any way I am 51 years old and I think age does play a part in all this too. 
Tell me how you are
sallygolightly
on 1/5/12 12:27 am
Topic: RE: Surgery September 15th .......
This is my first post on OH.  I had my surgery on Sept 12.  Just wondering how you are doing?
I am down 48 pounds but it's been slow in the past two months.  -27 the first month, -10 the second, then -7 the third....  Down to about a pound a week now, yet I am only eating about 800 calories a day! 
I need to connect with someone.
Frankie
on 12/6/11 2:27 am - NY
Topic: RE: Had surgery on sept 21
Hi, I had surgery on 9/26 and I have lost 46lbs so far.  Here is what I eat on a daily basis:

7am - protein shake
9am - coffee with protein
10am - egg, cheese and sausage patty (only able to eat 1/2)
1pm - salad with chicken or chili or tuna w/lettuce
4pm - cashews or protein shake
7pm - grilled chicken or salmon with veggies
if I have room for a snack I will have SF Icepop or grapes

Also I am drinking water throughout the day 64 to 72oz.

Just make sure that you are getting in at least 60 - 90 grams of protein per day and drinking plenty water.  So far you are doing good, but I would eliminate some of carbs (mini bagel crisps) since you are early post-op you want to maximize your loss.

Frankie

Most Active
Recent Topics
6 months update
nicole T. · 4 replies · 1105 views
Any other September stallers?
SafetyTurtle · 11 replies · 1519 views
Had surgery on sept 21
nicole T. · 2 replies · 1164 views
September 22
ddedmon · 2 replies · 1127 views