surgery yesterday

katie G.
on 9/12/12 10:49 am
I had my lap gastric bypass yesterday morning. It has actually gone a lot smoother than i thought i was going to. I got stuck in recovery till 9pm last night waiting for a room but as of yet (knock on wood) i havent had any issues. I was npo till this morning when i was started on clear liquids 2oz an hr. I was up walking through the night and made it up to 5 laps earlier today. Ive spent all my time resting walking and sipping. Everything tires me out but i wasnt expecting it not to. And im laying on my left side now. Pain has been bearable, hanging around a 4/10. Im still hooked up to the iv painmeds but should becswitching to lortab this evening.
ToulaMarie
on 9/12/12 11:47 am - GA
RNY on 09/26/12
This is good news!  Here's to a problem free speedy recovery.  Be sure to update us on how you are doing.
Sarah C.
on 9/12/12 6:05 pm - AR
RNY on 09/05/12
Good to hear!!  I'm glad everything (save the recovery situation!) went well!!  You're doing an AWESOME job on the walking!  I was lucky to make it down the hall once before dry heaving.  Not good times.  but you...you've got it down pat! 

Keep up the awesome work and keep us posted!! 

Sarah :) 

amarie3579
on 9/13/12 10:31 am
RNY on 09/20/12
Good to hear everything went well :-)

Starting Weight: 345 lbs. Weight day of Surgery: 332lbs. Goal Weight: 160lbs.

katie G.
on 9/13/12 3:23 pm
Came home today... been sticking to the same things that got me through while in the hospital. I walked home from the local pharm, about 4 blocks. Came back home and continue to sip. After dinner was finished for the rest of the family and i continued to sip we went for another short walk, aprox 4 more blocks... now its a little after 6 pm and im ready for a nap/bed!
Its still very tender to take the deep breathes but even thats geting slowly but surley better. Repositioning once im some what reclined in bed isnt pleasent either. I took tylenol earlier today, saving the stronger pain meds for bedtime (i dont want to be loopy during the day if pain is tollerable).
lisa2job
on 9/13/12 9:59 pm - WA
VSG on 09/06/12
Congrats!!!!  
Most Active
Recent Topics
Sept 2012 Sleevers check in
lisa2job · 0 replies · 725 views
6 Months
Diabolique · 3 replies · 791 views
Problems with my incision
jewellee9 · 0 replies · 691 views