Gas pain is horrible

single66
on 9/21/12 5:15 pm
 I had RNY surgery on 9/18 and doing pretty well.  My biggest problem is all the gas.  I can't seem to get rid of it.  It feels like its blocked inside of me and can't escape.  It's miserabl!,,,,

angeleigh
on 9/21/12 9:07 pm - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12
Have you tried Gas X or even drinking something warm? I had my surgery on the 17th. And I know i have used both gas x and sugar free hot cocoa, since I'm not a coffee or tea person. Also walking helps.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

lelagoddess
on 9/22/12 8:40 am
Have you been walking?  It really helps it move.  If you are lying in bed, change positions often, that can help.  Chewable Gas-X is a lifesaver--start that if you haven't yet.

Sarah C.
on 9/22/12 9:21 am - AR
RNY on 09/05/12
The gas pain is THE WORST!  And pain meds don't work for gas pain. 

If you're able to take the pill of Gas-X, try it as it is stronger than the strips. 

When you're drinking, try not to trap air in your mouth prior to taking a sip.  i noticed I was doing that and when I would pay attention and stop doing it, the gas was better . Plus, avoid straws .  Not sure if your doc mentioned that, but that also causes you to swallow more gas when drinking.  I'm not sure how, but that's what they say. 

Haveyou tried different protein drinks?  Perhaps your protein or the way you're mixing them is causing gas, as well. 

And the others are right...walking helps.  even if you can just walk around your living room or up and down a hallway, it's amazing what a few steps can do to move that stuff around.

I'm still gassy, not going to lie, but at least my body is able to rid itself of it instead of feeling like it's all packed in there. 

It'll pass.  and I mean that both literally and in regards to time.  :)  

Sarah x

amarie3579
on 9/27/12 10:50 am
RNY on 09/20/12
gas pain is the worse! walk as much as you can and while laying down, try to roll from side to side

Starting Weight: 345 lbs. Weight day of Surgery: 332lbs. Goal Weight: 160lbs.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Sept 2012 Sleevers check in
lisa2job · 0 replies · 725 views
6 Months
Diabolique · 3 replies · 791 views
Problems with my incision
jewellee9 · 0 replies · 691 views