Recent Posts

Member Services
on 1/13/14 12:51 am - Irvine, CA
Topic: Remembering OH in 1998 and Now

We encourage you to join us as we celebrate ObesityHelp in 1998 and now.  Many members will remember the screens shown in this video and will enjoy the walk down memory lane.  If you're new, you'll like the strides and successes we've had during our 16 years with our members. 

Please like and share on the video from our OH Facebook page. 

We proudly present "Making the Journey Together for 16 Years" . . . . . . . .

lisa2job
on 5/14/13 1:20 am - WA
VSG on 09/06/12
Topic: Sept 2012 Sleevers check in

Hi yall !!!  how you doing? 

well for me this has really been a journey,  down 104 lbs as of today ,  still have a ways to go to my goal but only 34 lbs to Dr goal that brings into a normal BMI ......  I feel fabulous and even though I dont follow the plan all the time and probably could have lost more weight I am doing well and proud of what I have accomplished so far! 

My goal now is to re-focus on my plan and get more excercise in every day ,  via walking,  doiing crunches/planks what ever I have to do to feel the burn. 

beatrice1
on 4/18/13 4:09 pm
Topic: RE: 6 Months

I had surgery September 20th, and I have lost 75 lbs. 

Diabolique
on 3/26/13 9:40 pm - Las Vegas, NV
RNY on 09/19/12

Congrats on doing so well Suzy!

After my surgery complications and extra surgery I am just happy to be breathing and walking.  I am down 78 pounds   22 from my realistic goal.

SuzyNZ
on 3/15/13 10:12 am
VSG on 09/17/12

Im feeling bloody fantastic!!  :)   Im down 140lbs with only 13lbs to go to get to my surgeons goal.  I think that will be one very tearful happy day!  Im thinking about resetting my goal down to 90kgs (198lbs...Im 6'1), but at the moment, my eye is on the first goal of getting to my doctors goal of 100kgs.  

The only food intolerance I have is tomato based sauces.  I think it's all the acid in the tomato.  Other than that, my diet includes everything except white bread.

Im down from a 26/28 to a 16 top, 18 bottom and shopping in "normal" stores for the first time in my adult life.  I haven't been this weight since my early teens.

WLS was the best $17000 I have ever spent! 

Suzy wink (Age: 41, Height: 6'1,  SW: 169.4kg/372lb.  CW: 80.5kg/177lb.  Total lost: 88.9kg/195lbs)

Diabolique
on 3/13/13 8:01 pm - Las Vegas, NV
RNY on 09/19/12
Topic: 6 Months

People that had surgery in September 2012.

We have either just passed or are quickly approching the 6 month mark.

How is everyone feeling post surgery?

TB0829
on 11/11/12 6:27 am
Topic: RE: Problems with plumbing and no I do not need a plumber!

Thanks, I have never heard of TOM before.. LOL makes sense... Yes, not that I am complaining, but found it odd, but I guess  uncle TOM will return one day.

Sheryl G.
on 11/11/12 5:40 am - IL
VSG on 09/17/12
Topic: RE: Problems with plumbing and no I do not need a plumber!

Mine has been out of whack since surgery too. I see a lot of people refer to it as TOM (time of month). It seems I've seen more posts about TOM coming more often than less often. Our hormones are completely out of whack right now, so I think this is to be expected.

If you change nothing, nothing will change.      

TB0829
on 11/9/12 7:05 am
Topic: Problems with plumbing and no I do not need a plumber!

Ok, hopefully men won't read this , but I need to ask.... I am 10 weeks post opp and Aunt Flo has not visited once????? Has anyone else gone through this,, also think I am dating myself with the Aunt Flo reference. LOL

jewellee9
on 11/7/12 2:11 pm - IN
Revision on 09/13/12
Topic: Problems with my incision

I had an open revision. Its been awful. I have an incision that goes from my breast bone to my bellybutton, an incision for a drain tube, and an incision for a feeding tube. They have all been infected twice. I have a mystrious stitch coming from the bottom of the main incision. Then tonight (while I was reading posts on here) I felt that the front of my shirt was wet. Turned out that the top part of the main incision has split open. BUT on the plus side, the feeding tube site has finally started to close up. Has anyone else had this much trouble?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Sept 2012 Sleevers check in
lisa2job · 0 replies · 717 views
6 Months
Diabolique · 3 replies · 784 views
Problems with my incision
jewellee9 · 0 replies · 683 views