Back to Basics...?

jankben1
on 10/20/06 12:18 pm - Orangevale, CA
Hello everyone. Happy anniversary month! I never reached goal, but I have pretty much kept off the 125 lbs I did lose until this last summer. I have probably gained back about 20 lbs. I need to cut the crap and get back to basics, but it has been so long that my memory is fuzzy as to exactly what the Basics are! Can anyone refresh my memory? How much protein and water should we have? How many carbs? I am still taking vitamins, but don't know if I am taking enough. Thanks! Janice
PegiF
on 10/21/06 7:14 am - Lexington, NC
Hi Janice!! I THINK that we need between 60-90 g of protein a day. I dont know about the carbs, tho. Our nutritionist simply told us to eat protein first, then veggies, and if we had roon, THEN the potatoes or whatever. She tried to help us steer away from carbs, but told us that if we made them the forbidden fruit, they would be what we wanted most. I still take about 1000 mg of calcium a day and 2 multi vitamins, and I take 150 mg of Iron twice a week. I just had labs done 2 weeks ago and everything looked great except B-12. It was in the floor. I had to get a shot that day, another in a week and I have to have one once a month from now on. Have you had blood work lately to check your levels? Good luck. Pegi 283/135
bethlaf
on 11/6/06 2:56 am - north central, WI
50 grams of protein should be fine for you at this poiunt stay around 1500 cals for losing, ( remember the 1/3 discard) get plenty of calcium vitamins and b 12, i take a sublingual daily chart it , just like before ... just like dieting any time, document and regulate yourself, measure/weigh portions, same old hat, you know what to do to lose it .... ive had several tell me "go back to shakes" for a week ... so you could try that too.... good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics