hungry and reverting to bad habits

dpnna
on 2/27/07 1:35 am - w. orange, nj
anyone hungry all the time and eating way more than we should and reverting to bad eating habits like before surgery?? its been 3 years for me and i lost 187lbs had my tummy tuck with a hernia repair but boy am i hungry all the time now!! any tips for me??
kristen M.
on 3/4/07 10:20 am - Long Sault, Canada
Hi, Donna. I'm sorry that I don't have any tips, but I'm in the same boat. Last summer, my husband and I moved in with his parents, and the savings is starting to run out. I still drink protein shakes, but DH's mom is ALL ABOUT serving lots of food at every meal. I try to eat less than I do, and she tries to not take it personally if I don't eat a lot, but it's difficult for both of us. Add to that the fact that she's not so strict about things that are 'sugar free'. As in, she thinks all fruit is edible in any quantity because it's sugar free and has no calories. She also insists on making me try (or trying to make me try) desserts that she makes. When I ask if they're sugar free, she lies and says they are, just to get me to try them. I don't dump instantly on sugar anymore, if at all, so there have been times when I ate a bowl of pudding or a couple of cookies and not realized until later that I'd been lied to. Trust me, you don't want to root through your mother-n-law's garbage can for the pudding box to see if she's lying to you. It doesn't turn out well, either way! I need to get a t-shirt that says STFU AND GIMME COTTAGE CHEESE. My husband's mother won't let me bring my own food to the dinner table. I thought family dinners were supposed to be a positive experience, but being a WLS patient is causing them to be otherwise. I think it would be easier for me to resist the bad habits and all the temptations if I had more control over the situation, but that won't happen until we find our own place.
patti72
on 6/3/07 4:21 am - MA
Hi Donna, I am almost 4 yrs out of surgery I hv lost 130pds and I too am hungry all the time I find that myself binging between meals its a habit I cant break. I feel if I hv to eat then eat fruit. I havnt gaind anything but it is becomming hard.
Happy Mommy
on 8/5/07 1:04 am - Southern, OR
HI Donna, I know that this is months later but this is a forever on going process, right? I go back to protein and cut way down on carbs when I get the munchies.... I find I want carbs and the wrong drinks. Even milk is packed with carbs. Count calories and get back to protein...... seriously works and cuts out your cravings. If you are into sugar and sweets, get some jerky, protein bars or shakes and get your fill of protein and top it off with 1 mini candy bar a day........ hugs and let me know how it is going. Liz RhnY 2003
Most Active
Recent Topics