I had my weight loss...

Laura R.
on 3/14/08 6:18 am - Albemarle, NC
I had my weight loss surgery Oct 2008.On surgery day I weighed 427 lbs. My bottom weight was 146 in December 2005. I started as a size 72 and went to a size 10. I didn't like it. I know some of you would like to reach out and just slap me for saying that-but I looked sickly to myself and others. I felt weak and vulnerable and so I started eating again. Today I weigh 189 pounds-size 13 (I'm 5"9'). I've been at this weight for over 9 months and held steady. I feel healthy-but guilty. Am I still a success story.....This surgery so changed my life that yes-I do have to ask..I don't know if people look at me and think HOW GREAT or YOU POOR THING-YOU GAINED WEIGHT BACK....Help
blueeyedkate04
on 4/5/08 11:47 am - Gaylord, MI
Laura, You are most definitely a success!! Congrats!!! I too lost more than my body was comfortable with. After months of frustration with weakness, light-headedness and other issues, I decided to allow myself to eat more and put on a few pounds. I felt better pretty much right away...but I had trouble STOPPING, and now need to lose some weight again...ughhhhh! I applaud your ability to stay at a healtyh weight for you...and a size 13 is just fine!!! Just keep maintaing...you're an inspiration! Kathy
Laura R.
on 4/7/08 11:02 pm - Albemarle, NC
Kathy, Thank you so much for your response....I thought no one was listening....you understand I see how it is to need to feel good and be comfortable with our new bodies...THANK YOU, THANK YOU,THANK YOU!!!! LAURA
Most Active
Recent Topics