HELP

melindainfla
on 6/23/05 2:10 am - pinellas county, fl
HI FRIENDS... I HAD LAP RNY 10/17/03. I WAS DOING GREAT EXCEPT FOR STRICTURES. THE LAST COUPLE OF MONTHS I HAVE GAINED 15LBS. I KNOW IT IS MY OWN FAULT. GRAZING, STRESS EATING, EATING CRAP. PLEASE SEND GOOD THOUGHTS MY WAY. I NEED TO BACK ON TRACK! ANY IDEAS WILL BE GREAT. MELINDA
Emily H.
on 7/1/05 3:22 pm
Hi Melinda, I feel for you! You are doing the right thing though: reaching out and doing something about it. Do you currently exercise? Even if you just walk to the end of the driveway you will feel better. By doing something proactive it can motivate change. Best of luck because we have been through too much to lose what we have accomplished. Please take care of you! emily
blueeyedkate04
on 7/5/05 12:11 am - Gaylord, MI
Hi Melinda, It's been almost 2 weeks since your post, so you may have everything under control all ready!! I hope so!! We have reached what I consider the hard part of our journey...learning how to maintain without gaining. I find myself "testing the waters" more than I'm proud of, and on a couple of occasions have gained a couple pounds (this morning, for instance!) Here is a few things I do to keep in control, and not let the fat monster win again!! Good Luck!! Weigh yourself regularly so that it cant' get too far out of control without your knowledge. I weigh pretty much everyday, but don't worry about the numbers unless they've stayed about the same for at least three days. If you get out of control, force yourself to go back to a "protein only" diet for a day or two.....kick your body back into fat burning, as well as affirm yourself on your ability to control your eating. I am doing this today in fact, after a weekend of munching!! Record what you eat and drink and exercise. Strive to improve it each day. Reread your profile and take a long look at your fat pictures. Do you really want to go back there?? Get support...go to a meeting, get more active on the board, or go see a counselor...whatever works for you!! Get at least 20 minutes of exercise in early in the day...it helps to make you feel good about yourself and make better choices throughout the day. I hope this is helpful!! The key thing Melinda is that you keep fighting! You've come WAY TOO FAR to give up now!! Kathy
Jackie P.
on 7/5/05 10:17 am - College Station, TX
Melinda, It's been a while since your post... so, I hope you are doing well. In addition to the other suggestions, you might want to look into a Yahoo Group called OSSG_Offtrack or something like that... if you can't find it, zap me an email and I'll get you the exact contact info. The group is incredibly encouraging and active. They support getting back to basics... protein, protein, protein, water & exercise. I also weigh everyday to make sure that I don't let myself get out of control. Good Luck, Jackie
Most Active
Recent Topics