2 years tomorrow

Robert Mastrianna
on 10/27/05 6:14 am - Norwalk, CT
Just 1 day away from my 2-year anniversary. WOW!! Where do I begin? I'll start by sharing an e mail, and my response to it, that I got from a person that I am honored to call friend. Sandy, I'm taking your advice and posting this as you suggested! Well Bob? Right about now 2 yrs ago you were doing the preop diet. Do you remember your mindset, your hopes and dreams for the future (then)? Could you have even imagined the huge changes you have made to be even possible...dare to dream the chains of obesity could be broken? Were you even able (then?) to understand how much your life would change for the better? How has it turned out? As you journey this next week towards that golden date of 10/28, on the days that you want to pull your hair out... keep in mind you could still be doing it (whatever that "it" is) morbidly obese and with no hope for change in the future.... with less self esteem... less Bob. You have now have all the possibility in the world... ANYTHING is possible now... yes with effort, but possible. Ain't NOTHIN' stoping you now! I am so very grateful that you took that step ahead of me, for you have been a guiding force in my journey. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY... one week early! Your pal... TOWANDA! ;- ) Sandy: NEVER in my wildest dreams would I have ever thought that I would have gotten to this point. I wished, and hoped, and prayed for it, but, given my past history, I never thought it would've happened. I wanted to lose at least 100 lbs, but I wanted just to be back on a healthy track. If that's all that had happened it would've been great. I can't begin to tell you just how thankful that I am for all that has happened. I really feel that that "moment" when Dr' Floch's name came to me at work was a bit of divine intervention. Would I have been as successful and happy had I gone to Dr. XXXXXX? This has been an amazing time in my life. I am really a very lucky and very blessed man. I have to remind myself of that, often. I have met some awesome people, you, Leona, Carmine, Bette, Mary W and Z, Michelle too and we are so very lucky to have each other, we all bring something different to the table, but are there for each other, to lend an ear when needed, a shoulder to cry on, a hand to hold, a positive word or thought when we think there just isn't anyone left on this earth that really cares. It really amazes me how much and how differently being fat has affected all of us. Each in a completely different manner, and how badly we all wanted to be better, get better, live a better life. A life filled with choices, and chances we never would've taken pre-op. Long ago, I resigned myself to believe that I was going to be fat and alone forever. I thought that I was "supposed" to be fat. If I wasn't, certainly God would've made it easier for me to lose weight and to keep it off. In two years, so many options have opened up to me. It really is nothing short of a miracle. Miraculous too, is the change that I have seen in others too. You especially. I see a person more confident, willing to put herself out there, and admit she's vulnerable, and HUMAN! Not retreating, not fading into the scenery. You too, my dear, have come a long way baby, and, likewise, there's NO stopping you either. I see great strength in others too. Mary W., who easily could've given up months ago, still persevering, having her band replaced/repaired. Yet she still has the desire to make things better. You all continue to motivate me. Make me want to achieve more, make me realize that there's still more that I can do. I should've given up on the whole plastic surgery thing months ago. There's no way in creation that I can really afford to spend 12,000 on this. BUT, I don't think that I can afford NOT to do this. I truly believe that this will keep me on track and keep me from gaining any weight back. Sandy, thank you for taking this trip with me. You've been a sweetheart through it. Thanks for listening to me carry on about M. I'm realizing now that I think I made a mistake in letting her go, but I know I couldn't have kept on seeing her, knowing how badly she wanted and needed more that I just couldn't give her. I do believe though, as you said last night that our paths will cross again and that maybe at that point things will be different for both of us. Who knows? maybe at that point our wants and needs will be more in sync. Thanks again for the wonderful thoughts and well wishes. You've made me reflect on the past 2 years a lot this morning. Made me really think about how far I've come and what new challenges lie ahead for me. I know that the road ahead is filled with more excitement, more challenges, more rewards, and most importantly, more chances to help our "little brothers and sisters" like Diedre and that room of people that we met last night. Who would've ever thought that we could be mentors, especially when it comes to matters of weight loss. What a concept!! Thanks again, please don't ever stop being the Sandy that you are. You're the best and that's why I love ya!! I'll talk to you soon, Bob So, this week has been filled with a lot of reflecting as well as looking ahead. Thank you to everyone that has been a part of this journey. PS: About the plastics, looks like we're shooting for January 16, 2006, that's the plan at least. Gives me untill then to figure out a way to rob a bank or something to make some money. To everyone out there, thanks for being a part of this journey. I hope that we are all successful, in whichever way we define success. Wishing you all the best of God's blessings, Bob
Most Active
Recent Topics