Emergency Room Visit

Blessed B
on 10/1/08 12:36 pm
I haven't posted since Sunday. I went to work on Monday and had a nagging persistent pain on my right side underneath my rib cage. I toughed out work and then I drove home. During the drive home, the pain intensified and brought me to tears (was hurting underneath my rib cage with pain extending to my shoulder)..I was almost doubling over from the pain. When I got home, my husband took me straight to the Emergency Room. I hate going to the doctor and especially to the the ER. Well, they got me in....finally after waiting an hour!!! The nurse started an IV and I told her to go through my hand but insisted on going on the inside of my arm. She dug in there and had no luck and I told her she was done and to go into my hand. She did and boy she got a vein..go figure! The doctor came in and told me it was classic signs of gallbladder disease ****he didn't and wouldn't check anything else****(last year I went in three times to the ER and it was diverticulitis and umm lets see constipation and full of **it) I even told the guy I was having problems with going to the bathroom and feeling bloated, crampy and having those bad pains underneath my rib and to my shoulder. To make a long story short..sorry.....they gave me protonix, a GI ****tail (which was bright green and had a numbing agent),pfenigren, and demerol......and an ultrasound to boot. Results came back negative for gallbladder. They had me so out of it, I couldn't go to work the following day. On my diagnosis, they put abdominal pain with nothing really done. I get so frustrated when dealing with anyone in ER because they don't know how to treat us people with gastric bypass surgery. It's just really sad. They sent me home with vicoden and my bruised up hand and arm and sent me on my way. GRRRRRRRRR. Oh and yes, they sent me home with an enema package and guess what?! That seemed to have solved 80% of my problem..however, I'm still bloated and crampy. Dunno what to do. I haven't exercised since Sunday but I plan on getting back on track tomorrow. The doctor said, "take it easy for a few days". Whatever!! Hopefully you all haven't had to go through this. Very disappointing. 

Taking one day at a time.

gail1957
on 10/2/08 3:53 am - Frankfort, KY
I am so sorry to hear of the ordeal you just went through. I hate emergency rooms. Hope you get to feeling better soon. Do you take magnesium citrate, if not go to your nearest drug store and ask for it. I take 2 pills a day and no longer have a problem with constipation. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
9 Years ago today
Blessed B · 0 replies · 705 views
7 YEARS AGO
Jane C. · 0 replies · 1045 views
7 years
sharonleanne · 0 replies · 804 views
Just celebrated 6 years!
smilesarepriceless · 1 replies · 1009 views