I've gotten so off track

lazeydazey
on 1/15/09 11:10 am - Sharon, MA
 I've been so bad and lost focus as to why I had this surgery. I saw my surgeon today and have officially gained 33lbs since my surgery. He's not mad. I asked him if this happens and he said yes about 20% gain wt back. I'm having an endoscopy next month to see if my pouch has expanded at all and is so how can it be repaired.

I feel like such a failure. Now I just need to go on the biggest loser and have Jillian whip me into shape.

Lisa
Jennifer T.
on 1/17/09 6:53 am - Bellingham, WA
I'm in the same boat 300-176-200. I'm going to ask my surgeon to recommend an endoscopy when I see him later this month. It seems I can eat as much as I want to. Sugar still gets me but now I can eat little amounts and not get sick whereas before any sugar made my heart pound. I would guess my downfall to be bread, pasta and rice. Switched my whole family over to stone ground wheat bread but they wouldn't go for the spinach pasta and brown rice :o)
I feel like a failure. I knew I'd gain back a few pounds but I thought I would make goal of 160 then gain back up to about 180. At 200 I'm back into around a size 18 and it's killing me cause I don't have any of those size clothes left. I consigned them all when I got to 176 and a size 12/14. Having to go back to the plus-size sections of stores is so depressing. I know I'm blabbing bout myself but it's so good (I guess??) to hear of someone else having the same problem. I have an appt with my pcp to see what kind of diet pills I can take. He already knows about the surgery of course so he has to research to see what won't hurt the pouch.
I did the 5 day test and did lose about 7lbs for the week but keeping it going is just too much, maybe if I holed myself up in my house with nothing but protein shakes LOL.
Jen Taylor
RNY Oct 26, 2005
1 oz. pouch w/100 cm bypassed
300/184/215/150

lazeydazey
on 1/18/09 12:26 am - Sharon, MA
Jen,

thanks for the reply. I feel your pain. I told my doctor I feel I did this for nothing. He says i'm still down 100lbs which is good. I joined w****chers to help jump start my wt. loss again. I tried the 5 day pouch test but I got very hungry. May try it again. I have the endo on 1/26/09 so hopefully the doctor can fix it then if it needs to be. if it can I will lose all the wt and then more.

Let me know how you make out with your doctor,

Lisa
Blessed B
on 1/23/09 8:38 am

Lisa,

Girlfriend!! You aren't a failure!! Look how much you have kept off. Focus on the positive part and I'm sure the rest will become easier. You and I both didn't gain this weight overnight and it's not going to come off as quickly as it did before. It's most likely going to be slow and steady for us...which is what is happening for me. I've lost 4lbs in 2 weeks and have totally re evaluated what I've been putting in my mouth and I was astonished. And not to mention the rules...every sip or gulp of liquids at the meals adds up and washes stuff out and down the pouch and so did the chips I was eating..sliding right on through. It's not easy but just maybe focus on one small thing that you want to work on a week and see how it goes. Just try not to do everything all at once I guess. If you have been watching the Biggest Loser, there's a guy on there who had bypass and he has gained a ton of weight and they took a look at his pouch and it is intact and isn't all stretched out. Like they have said they change our insides but not our brains. I hope your endoscopy goes well Lisa! Hope you are doing well...I'm here for ya if you need to chat!
B

Taking one day at a time.

Gina L.
on 1/27/09 11:44 pm - Bryan, TX
Lisa,
You are NOT a failure and you are not alone. I have gone from an all time low of a size 8 pants up to a tight 12. I have managed to get back into 10's comfortable, but I doubt I will ever see an 8 again! I, like you have lost the focus of why I even had this surgery. What makes it worse, I think, is that my husband had his surgery 4 years ago and has gained a good 40 pounds or more in the past year or so. Both of us eat pretty much whatever we want. There are days I think my pouch is broken because I can eat so much. But then there are days that I eat four or five bites and I'm full!  Sugar in small amounts does nothing to me, but I have found my limit, and I wish I never had!

I do recommend the 5DPT. I made one of the soups on the recipe list, I think Ham and CHeese Soup and it was really good. If you got hungry, then you weren't eating enough. You can pretty much have whatever you can eat in a 15 minute time period I think. Read again to make sure.

Let us know what the Endoscopy shows. I know there is a new thing called Stomaphyx, but insurance will not cover it at all and it's around $10K.

Hubby wants to get serious and loose the weight, so maybe we can do it together!

Good luck to you and congrats on keeping a 100 pounds off!!!!

Hugz, Gina

Gina L
263/162/151/162
Pre-Op/Goal/June '08/Current
26W/8's/12
"Livin' Large, But Not Morbidly Obese!"

Most Active
Recent Topics
9 Years ago today
Blessed B · 0 replies · 705 views
7 YEARS AGO
Jane C. · 0 replies · 1045 views