Aniversaries

Jane C.
on 10/12/09 11:42 pm - Florence, KY
It's our aniversary this month.   How is everyone doing?  I am off to see Dr. Tom for my check up today.  It is still a challange.  I hate somedays and yet I am so thankful where I am.  I started at 311.  Today I am 185.  I have gained.  I would like to be 20lb less and I am working on that.  I am taking it one day at a time.  The first 18months was easier.  The honeymoon stage was great. Hope everyone is doing good.  No matter where you are drop a line and let us know.
ON 10/17/05  I LANDED ON OZ NEVER GOING BACK UP IN THE DAMN
TORNADO AGAIN.   BEWARE OF THE WITCHES!
Jennifer L.
on 10/13/09 6:18 am - Dayton, OH
Yep, my anniversary is October 24th. I started at 265 and got down to a low of 136.4 at probably a year out. Started messing around.

At the beginning of 09, I fell ill, very ill. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I spent the better part of 7 months in bed. I was exhausted. My husband had to push me in a wheel chair on our Disney vacation, because I just did not have the stamina to walk that far.

September 27th, I stepped on the scale and weighed in at a whopping 207. I took control that day and today I weigh 195.2, so on my way back down, but with a long way to got.

It feels like I am starting over and will never see the end. I was ssssoooo close before.

Hope to hear from lots of people!

Jenn
RNY 10/24/05
265/207/195.2/125
presurg/regain/now/goal
Jane C.
on 10/14/09 11:45 am - Florence, KY
Thanks Jenn for your reply.  It is a constant reminder.  So sorry about the fibromyalgia.  I use to work in the medical field.  That can just take over.  Hope things are under control and you are pain free.  You can do this and you are no where near starting over just regrouping.
Take care
Blessed B
on 10/14/09 11:38 am
Hi Jane!
 Glad to see that you are doing well. My anniversary was on the 13th..hard to believe that it has been 4 years. I too am 20 lbs heavier than what I want to be. Some days are better than others and some days are just a struggle. I am constantly fixated on my weight and how I look..which has never gone away since surgery. I struggle with the body dismorphia and always see myself bigger than what I really am. However, with that said, I am still happy and have no regrets about my decision. I agree with you that the first 18 months were easier and I think once I hit that 2 year mark, things got harder and the hunger returned. I still can't eat anywhere near of what I used to and I'm still convinced that this has saved my life. It is still awesome to shop in the normal sized clothing. My start weight was 256lbs..scare me!!
Good to see that you are still on here :)  Take care everyone!!

Taking one day at a time.

Jane C.
on 10/14/09 11:48 am - Florence, KY
Glad to hear from you.  Sounds like that 20lb is the normal thing.  My surgeon has a psychiatrist that works with him.  She did my preop work up.  She does a six week class for post op just for the body image.  I am thinking about doing the course.  I think at 4 years out it is important to try to stay up on this.

Good to hear from you.  Take care.
Gina L.
on 10/20/09 1:51 am - Bryan, TX
Hi to all the October Surgery peeps! Well, this is my story and I'm sticking to it. I started at 263 lbs. My lowest weight was actually last summer. I got down to 151 lbs. But something just didn't feel right there. Not sure what it was, but I was tired all the time, depressed, I fell a lot, felt confused, my family said I looked too thin, etc. I didn't conciously gain weight, but over the course of the past year, I have maintained between 157-164, usually staying around 162. But you know what? I'm not a scale ***** like I used to be and I would seriously have to dust that scale off if I weighed today, so I feel better these days. I loved wearing a size 8 pants, but you know what? Size 10's and 12's beat the hell outta Size 26W!!!

I still struggle with the body dysmorphia. Last Friday, we had a discovery day here at work for employees. I work at a Fire Training Facility and we got to do some of the activities we train for. I was rapelling off a 3 story building (I admit, I would have never thought it 4 years ago) and I looked over at the "catch guy" and said Andy, you make sure you catch my Fat Ass! When I got to the bottom, he told me I was not fat and why I would ever think that was beyond him. 4 different times that day people asked me if I had lost weight. My son's girlfriend works with me and said it's because you are actually wearing something that fits! you have on cute jeans and a clingy T-Shirt, so folks are actually seeing your shapoe and not the outline of something too big for you! Okay, note to self, sometimes Tighter is apparently better!! LOL

I have days that I totally don't eat other than a snack here and there. Then I have days I feel like I ate the contents of the fridge and then some, not sure where it all goes!! I have picked up a cross-addiction of drinking beer over the past several years. However, I have managed to at least get a better hold on that. I was to the point of drinking til I blacked out and waking up with bruises and such. I can now control the amount I drink and decided mainly it was causing me health issues and I did not want my grand babies to see me that way!

So that's my 4 years in a nut shell. I have my moments of regret, but all in all I would do it all again in a heart beat!!!!!

Hope we have some more posters!

If yall are on Facebook, friends me. i'm under Gina Barberee Latham

Hugz,
Gina L

Gina L
263/162/151/162
Pre-Op/Goal/June '08/Current
26W/8's/12
"Livin' Large, But Not Morbidly Obese!"

Most Active
Recent Topics
9 Years ago today