4 years ago today...

Gina L.
on 10/28/09 4:20 am - Bryan, TX
my life changed drastically in ways that I could never have imagined. 4 years ago today, I had RNY Gastric bypass surgery. The next few months were a whirlwind of weight loss, compliments, emotions, ego and so many other things. On that day 4 years ago, I weighed 263 pounds and wore a size 26W jeans and a 3XL top. Today, I weigh 160 pounds, have on a size 10 jeans that I have to keep pulling up and a SZ L shirt that is way too big for me. Yay me!

4 years ago, I never dreamed that my head would play such tricks on me....tell me I'm starving, tell me I'm too thin, too fat, too saggy, not good enough, etc. It has been an emotional roller coaster for me, one that I was never prepared for. Am I happy with my decision?? Heck yeah and would have probably done this sooner for my long term happiness and health, but, I would have sought more answers and more support than I ended up doing!

4 years ago today, I had a horrible self-image. 4 years later, sadly, I still have those days. It's not every day, but I still don't see myself as thin or even a lot healthier. Why am I saying htis? I want newbies to have a sense of reality. In the early days as a post op, I remember posting X amount of pounds "Gone Forever!" I now realize that it is not necessarily a true statement. It gets harder and it takes more work and insight to keep those pounds off the further out you get.

4 years ago today, I shared in my husband's success at becoming a "Loser". I began to understand his actions and wide range of emotions that he had gone through in the previous 10 months! It brought us closer and in fact remains a big part of our understanding and friendship!

4 years ago today, I started a journey that will I will be on for life. I am reminded nearly every day that my body is different now and that I have certain limits. I realize that I have to do certain things everyday and that is for life!

4 years ago today, I took a leap of faith! I gained confidence, courage, and so many wonderful friends that I will forever be thankful for! I gained a healthier outlook on life. I learned to look on the positive side of things, to appreciate life and those around me!

I am grateful for the surgery and yes I would do it all over again. I just don't feel the need to sugar coat things. Honesty to me is now and will always be the best policy!!

Thank you TMB for all your support throught the years I have been a member here! Thank you to so many of you that I call a friend! Thank you for sticking with me through cross-addictions and dark moments! Thank you for supporting me, loving me and for cheering me on!!! But thank you most for your wonderful inspiration!!

To all you newbies, do your research, learn all you can! no question is too harsh, gross or stupid!! I promise, us grads have all been there at one time or another!! ASK!!!! You will be glad you did!!!

hugz and Happy Surgiversary to me!!!

Gina L

Gina L
263/162/151/162
Pre-Op/Goal/June '08/Current
26W/8's/12
"Livin' Large, But Not Morbidly Obese!"

Jane C.
on 10/30/09 9:57 pm - Florence, KY
Congrats Gina.  Sounds like you and I are just about on the same page.  Hope to see our post on here in a year.  I hope others are doing good.  I worry when I come on here and don't see any updates.  I hope everyone is just to busy to check.  It is hard and I know I didn't want to post about weight gain, but you are right the brain talk is worse now, I think.  

Great JOB
Jane 
ON 10/17/05  I LANDED ON OZ NEVER GOING BACK UP IN THE DAMN
TORNADO AGAIN.   BEWARE OF THE WITCHES!
Most Active
Recent Topics
9 Years ago today
Blessed B · 0 replies · 705 views
7 YEARS AGO
Jane C. · 0 replies · 1045 views
7 years
sharonleanne · 0 replies · 804 views