Food Boredom

PUDYTAT
on 11/2/07 5:46 am - CAROLINA SHORES, NC
HHHEEEEEEEEEEELP ! I AM SO BORED W/ THE FOODS I'M EATING. IT SEEMS AS IF I'M EATING THE SAME THINGS DAY IN AND DAY OUT. BREAKFAST SCRAMBLED EGG, 1 pc OF BACON COTTAGE CHEESE AND FRUIT OATMEAL LUNCH CHICKEN BREAST W/ SML SALAD OR VEGGIES CHICKEN SALAD LEAN CHEESE BURGER W/O BUN DINNER CHICKEN W/ VEGGIES COTTAGE CHEESE AND FRUIT LEAN PORK OR BEEF YOU ALL GET THE PICTURE, I'M SO TIRED OF EATING THE SAME THINGS. ANY HELP AND SUGGESTIONS, RECIPES YOU CAN OFFER WOULD BE GREAT. THANKS, DONNA, SFY
E velyn
on 11/2/07 6:19 am
I don't see seafood on here! I am loving red snapper, crab, shrimp, scallops, tuna, etc. I do a lot of stir fry for different flavors in small amounts. I also make soups and stews, since the weather is cooler and they are so yummy -- and they freeze well. I agree that we have to keep things interesting or the Halloween candy will call my name!
PUDYTAT
on 11/3/07 8:11 am - CAROLINA SHORES, NC
Evelyn, you see no seafood because I can't stand it w/ the exception of shrimp. Every thing else makes me gag. I do occasionally eat chilli, stews? They're not my favorite thing and I always have a hard time making them. If you have an easy recipe for one I'd appreciate it. Thanks for the suggestions. Donna, sfy
Melissa W.
on 11/2/07 12:19 pm - Hackettstown, NJ
Donna, Not sure if I can be a lot of help with recipes Felicia is the recipe one but I can def give you food ideas. I am eating what seem like tons these days but I am doing higher and more frequent due to the little guy. OK here are some ideas that are not on your list: *Seafood of any type. I love peel and eat shrimp with ****tail sauce *Bean and cheese burrito insides *Pork loin on the grill - just marinate it in italian dressing over night then grill and serve with my fav sauce of three parts apricot jam and 1 part horseradish sauce *sloppy joe insides *egg salad *chicken pot pie insides OK making me hungry now so I will leave it at that but these are at least a few ideas Hugs, Melissa
PUDYTAT
on 11/3/07 8:18 am - CAROLINA SHORES, NC
Hey melissa, thanks for all the suggestions. Shrimp is something I love but try to limit it due to the high iodine and cholesterol amts in it. I never thought about sloppy joes. I do eat egg salad occasionally along w/ soft boiled and hard boiled eggs. Didn't think of the chicken pot pies either. Again thanks for the suggestions. And I agree, talking about all this food is making me hungry. Donna, sfy
Susan T.
on 11/3/07 10:19 am - Waco, TX
Hey Donna!! Well, I won't mention seafood since you don't like it..... But I love shrimp and tuna salad and eat them both at least once a week. I am eating pretty much anything and everything I want these days. I limit carbs - if I have a sandwich, it's either half a sandwich or an open face sandwich. I try to get in some fruits and veggies as I can. I cook for the family and eat what they do. My mantra is protein first and then complex carbs, then bread if I'm not full...and usually I am at that point. Although I've been making yeast biscuits that are to die for and I had one last night and another tonight. MUCH better than before surgery when I would've had 4-5 each night!!! Anyway, I'm working on "everything in moderation" now with my eating. I still do a protein shake every day to make sure I'm getting in enough protein. I know my doctor would rather I get it all from food, but when I try to do that, all I am able to eat is protein and I miss all my veggies. Since I LIKE veggies, this is not really an option for me. Now that the temps are cooling off, I'm using my crockpot like crazy making soups, chili, roast w/veggies, you name it!! Most of the recipes aren't that difficult. Send me your e-mail addy and I'll try to get some of them to you. They make fairly large amounts though, so you'd have to either cut them in half or freeze part of it if you don't want to eat them all week long. Have a great weekend!!! Hope you are able to figure out some new/different things to eat!!! Susan
ScrapRNmom
on 11/3/07 10:37 pm - Toledo, OH
Donna, I see you do alot of chicken. Look for chicken recipes. One of my standbys's is chicken parmegian (?sp). I sautee chicken breast in a little olive oil with whatever seasonings you like....salt pepper garlic Herb chicken blend. Sautee til browned. Meanwhile I simmer a spaghetti type sauce, tomatoe sauce, garlic, basil, oregano, tyme, parsley. Put the breasts in a baking dish, cover with sauce. Bake at 350 for about 45 min, til fall apart tender. Just before serving, put a thin slice of mazarella over the top of each breast. YUM! A quick favorite, slice a whole wheat tortilla in half. On one half slice cooked chicken breast thinly. I use already marinaded chicken breast from the meat market, comes in a variety of flavors, so always have a little something different. Add thin slices of tomatoe over the chicken. Grate some cheese on top. Whatever kind you like. Put second half of tortilla over the top. Grill on the George Foreman til crispy, about 10 min or less. You can do it on the stove top to, in a pan, no need for oil. Just brown each side. Careful when turning so you dont dump out the ingredients. At least once a week I make a pizza type meal. Use thin pita bread, put whatever jarred pizza sauce you like on top. Sometimes I just use the sauce I made for the chicken parmegian. Spread out the sauce. Slice cooked chicken breast over that. Add thinly sliced tomatoe. Grate whatever cheese you like on top. Toast in the oven at 400 for like 10 min, until browned, warmed and bubbly. The pit bread gets real crispy. I like this better than regular pizza. You can use whatever veggies you like on top. Whatever meat strikes your fancy. The possibilities are endless. Daily I have my favorite snack, or can be a meal. Low carb vanilla yogurt. 1/2 scoop flax seed powder (good omega 3's, fiber and some protein to boot), about 5 pecan halves broken up, add whatever fruit you like, strawberries, berries, apple, banana etc. Sprinkle with SF granola. Mix and eat. I found turkey breasts at the store, individually frozen like chicken ones. Im going to try them like the chicken parmegian. I eat lots of fish, but I will spare you on those! LOL With the weather turning cooler, get that crockpot in gear. Roast, pork roast. Chili, white chicken chili etc. Use leftover roast as a veggie soup. Just shred, add the broth, add frozen mixed veggies, or ahtever fesh or frozen veggies you like. I have been trying lots of different salad recipes. Im sick of plain ol' slaad these days. Allrecipes.com. Epicurious.com The more you look at recpie sites, the more you find. I always keep things going with new recipes. My favorite beakfast is one omlette style egg, on top of one slice whole grain bread toasted. Sliced tomatoe with a slice of cheese on top. Good luck.....I could sit here posting recipes all day! LOL Lauri 12 months postop, down 225 (total 240) current 180.
Patricia S.
on 11/5/07 2:44 am - Glen Mills, PA
I tend to get VERY bored VERY quickly. My new attempt at no brainer lunches (for both my husband and I) has been to cook a pot of soup every weekend. It usually contains what ever "base" (stock or broth) I have on hand and whatever veggies are fresh at the local farmers market that week. I toss in some meat (which ever goes with the broth I am using) and have a huge pot of soup (low carb) that will last the both of us all week. I've also experimented with some more complex soups like low fat cheese soup mixed with chili etc. But mostly it's a veggie and meat soup. Some other breakfast ideas: (things that I enjoy) low fat cheese and an apple no sugar added Carnation Instant Breakfast Fiber One cereal w/ skim milk or no sugar added yogurt and my favorite.... 1/2 of a "peanutbutter and jelly sandwich) made with low carb / whole grain bread, reduced fat peanutbutter and no sugar added jam. Some lunch ideas I enjoy: lunch meat / cheese "roll ups" chili tuna or chicken salad soup (most of the time) lower carb "Smart Ones" or "Lean Cuisines" when I want a treat Dinner is what ever I make for my husband and I or leftovers...usually nothing beyond a grilled or roasted meat and veggie.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still check in?
E velyn · 0 replies · 233 views
Five Years Already!!
Judy G. · 2 replies · 1231 views
Happy 5 year Surgiversary!!
hollywatson · 1 replies · 983 views
5 years out and now 168 lbs.
Staci G. · 1 replies · 951 views
Anyone checking in?
Tri_harder · 2 replies · 1102 views