October card exchange

SherryL664
on 11/6/07 12:57 am - Gainesville, GA
To all my October sisters, First of all I want to give a big huge thanks to all the ones that were in the October card exchange for the beautiful cards that I have received. Each one was special and I loved each one. I was part of the exchange, but have not sent out my cards yet. For this I am deeply sorry. I have been very busy the past weeks helping take care of my mom. She is very ill and has to be helped with everything. She lives with my 2 sisters and they have been over whelmed with taking care of her. She can no longer do anything for herself except feed herself. She is in renal failure and now we found out she needs a pace maker, which she is not going to have done. She doesn't want any treatment. The top part of her heart is not working, causing her to be very dizzy when she walks. She fell a few weeks back because she blacked out. We are not letting her get up for anything. We almost didn't get her up off the floor. Mom is over 400 pounds, so you can see how difficult it is to take care of her. Well, I have been going there to help care for her during the moring while my sister is at work, then I go to work 2nd shift. I am starting to feel drained from going so much. Sometimes I stay there so I don't travel so much between work and home. That is why I haven't sent my cards out yet. I have been so busy, I just haven't had time to get to them yet. I haven't been on the computer in forever. I have been so worred about her and my sisters, I didn't even celebrate my one year re-birthday. But, thanks to you all, the cards helped me get through this difficult time. Harder times are coming I am sure. I just wanted you all to know what was going on. You all feel like part of my family and wanted to share this with you. One thing is certain. I have realized how much of a difference this surgery has made in my life. I look at my mom suffering because of her weight and what it has taken away from her. It is too late for her now, but to the ones that have been fortunate enough to have it, it is a blessing. I have been given another chance at a healthier life and for that I am grateful. We all are that have had WLS. Well, thanks for letting me share this with you all. I will get my cards out soon I hope. Bear with me. Just wanted you all to know that I haven't forgot you. This board means so much to me. I wouldn't have gotten this far without your love and support and encouragement. I need it now more than ever. Congrats to all for making it one year!! Love and hugs, Sherry
berts4
on 11/6/07 5:19 am - Rock City, IL
Dear Sherry: I am sorry to hear about the troubles you have been going through. Please don't worry about cards right now. That is not important, your family is. I am sending [[[[[[[HUGS]]]]]] to you and prayers up for your family during this difficult time. Dawn
ScrapRNmom
on 11/6/07 8:02 pm - Toledo, OH
Like Dawn said, please dont worry about cards right now. You have enough to deal with. Im glad our cards came to you at a time you needed lifting! Lauri
Patricia S.
on 11/6/07 11:33 pm - Glen Mills, PA
Sherry, Please don't worry about the cards. That is not at all important right now, you and your family come first. Take care, our thoughts are with you.
Melissa W.
on 11/9/07 11:55 pm - Hackettstown, NJ
Sherry, Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you. No worries about the cards are all. We all understand and that is what is not important right now. No matter what family comes 1st. Hugs hugs coming your way, Melissa
PUDYTAT
on 11/15/07 4:18 am - CAROLINA SHORES, NC
Sherry honey, don't worry about the cards. Your mom and sisters and your health are much more immportant than sending out cards. If someone happens to make a comment about not receiving them than they've never been through a crisis like you're going through right now. Please know that you, your mom and sisters are in our thoughts and prayers. Please keep us updated on your mom's progress. Donna, sfy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still check in?
E velyn · 0 replies · 232 views
Five Years Already!!
Judy G. · 2 replies · 1230 views
Happy 5 year Surgiversary!!
hollywatson · 1 replies · 982 views
5 years out and now 168 lbs.
Staci G. · 1 replies · 951 views
Anyone checking in?
Tri_harder · 2 replies · 1100 views